Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

amp install behind seats?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default amp install behind seats?

Whats up guys? Quick question since this truck is gonna be my first that everything isnt in the bed of it. I have the supercrew 2008 F180 FX2....amp wise I have a RF1000.1 power series amp, is that amp going to fit behind the seats? I went to a crappy installer and they said they wont even try to do it, soooo, on to other places.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:10 PM

It will be a very tight fit to get it behind the seats. If you do get it back there it will probably be noticeable to anyone who sits in the backseats as the padding isn't very thick. Here is a picture of the space you have behind the seats. (the brackets are what the seat sit in)
Old 06-04-2009, 01:50 PM

Damn, guess i will have to put them on floor and build a protective covering for them so they are not stepped on.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:00 AM
Real Trucks Smoke

there are plenty of people who have put larger amps than that behind the seats try f150online.com amplifier section
Old 06-05-2009, 10:50 PM

Im in the same boat i spend most of the day sound deadening the rear and cut a fit a piece of 1/2 plywood and carp[eted it and mounted the amp since i seen the f150online pices of multiple amps and i go to put the seat in ad ow the top of the amp (mounted in the middle) pushes the center seat out so it wont close.. gonna have to start over.. and turn it or find a smaller amp.. or fabrication some top brackets to push the top out
Old 06-11-2009, 01:29 AM

You just have to cut the plastic piece that is carpeted judging by all the pictures.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:31 AM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

there is plenty of room...I have seen multiple LARGE amps, distribution blocks, etc behind the seats.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:50 AM

i did get my smaller amp in there it is 11x14 i mounted it low so it would fit.. i dont know what tehr edooing to stick multiple amps in there like i said earlier with it standing up any one sitting in the back would have the amp jamming them under the shoulder blades. and can be seen tying to protrued threw teh seat.. maybe if you gutted all teh seat back foam but then your leaning on a amp.. do they move the seats forward ao as a seat lift..???
Old 06-13-2009, 07:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya that black carpeting that covers your rear window motor(if equiped) comes off. All thats holding it in place is like 5-6 clips. Try using a door panel popper for the clips
Old 06-13-2009, 08:10 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by midwestoffroad
i did get my smaller amp in there it is 11x14 i mounted it low so it would fit.. i dont know what tehr edooing to stick multiple amps in there like i said earlier with it standing up any one sitting in the back would have the amp jamming them under the shoulder blades. and can be seen tying to protrued threw teh seat.. maybe if you gutted all teh seat back foam but then your leaning on a amp.. do they move the seats forward ao as a seat lift..???
Here is a pic of one of the more impressive set ups I saw from another site. Its from a member named mSaLL150 in a how to article by ARCuhTEK. Its a supercab.. I am looking for the pics from the supercrew ones. The members say they did not move anything forward.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: amp install behind seats?