Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Amp install

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amp install

I did a little searching but didnt find an answer exactly...1998 extended cab f150... I installed a dvd/nav head unit in the dash. A cheaper set of 5 1/4 components in the front doors, crossovers glued to the inside of the door panels,tweeters mounted in the sail panels and a pair of 6x8 in the rear...All are Rockford Fosgate and being powered by the head unit for now. While installing I put quite a bit of dynamat inside and under the door panels. Anywhere I thought it would help. The system sounds quite nice as it is,surprisingly in some ways. But I am longing for a little down low grunt, not much as Im not a Bass head. I have a newer Sony 350watt 2 channel amp and a sony 12" sub...But no box. Id like to build a box to mount the sub under the passenger rear seat. The box making I have under control but are there any inside tips on where/how to run the amp wires? I know the basics and have done plenty on installs and various vehicles... but some vehicles have an easy grommet firewall pass thru here,or a good spot to run wires down one side versus the other...are there any write ups that show the ins and outs on the best way to go about installing an amp on these trucks? Thanx in advance
Old 10-11-2012, 01:55 AM

Received 523 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by zanerwaner
I did a little searching but didnt find an answer exactly...1998 extended cab f150... I installed a dvd/nav head unit in the dash. A cheaper set of 5 1/4 components in the front doors, crossovers glued to the inside of the door panels,tweeters mounted in the sail panels and a pair of 6x8 in the rear...All are Rockford Fosgate and being powered by the head unit for now. While installing I put quite a bit of dynamat inside and under the door panels. Anywhere I thought it would help. The system sounds quite nice as it is,surprisingly in some ways. But I am longing for a little down low grunt, not much as Im not a Bass head. I have a newer Sony 350watt 2 channel amp and a sony 12" sub...But no box. Id like to build a box to mount the sub under the passenger rear seat. The box making I have under control but are there any inside tips on where/how to run the amp wires? I know the basics and have done plenty on installs and various vehicles... but some vehicles have an easy grommet firewall pass thru here,or a good spot to run wires down one side versus the other...are there any write ups that show the ins and outs on the best way to go about installing an amp on these trucks? Thanx in advance
Firewall grommet is directly above the steering column. Run your hot wire underneath the door trim(pops right up).
Old 10-11-2012, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanx for the tip

Quick Reply: Amp install