Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Amp for door speakers?

Old 10-07-2013, 04:09 PM
ab1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amp for door speakers?

I've been looking at a few amps for the 4 Kappa 682.9 I installed in the doors of my 2010 SCrew. Some options I found were the PBR 300x4, the Alpine KTP power pack, and the Clarion XC1410 power pack. Some of my searching has led me to consider some other non-d type amps from MB Quart, Alpine, or Hifonics. Having some trouble figuring all of this out. I have a sound ordnance b-8pt powered sub and need to give the door speakers some more power. Running the stock deck now (non-nav, non premium, with sync) and don't want to switch the stock look. I would like to spend around $100 on the amp, give or take.

Any of the above options sound good, or what else would you suggest? Also, should I run the kappas at 2 ohms? They show as 2 ohm speakers that run as 4 ohm once they see wiring. I can get more power from the clarion, for example, if I run them at 2 ohms but not sure if that will work. Thanks for any help you can offer!
Old 10-08-2013, 10:15 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by ab1
I've been looking at a few amps for the 4 Kappa 682.9 I installed in the doors of my 2010 SCrew. Some options I found were the PBR 300x4, the Alpine KTP power pack, and the Clarion XC1410 power pack. Some of my searching has led me to consider some other non-d type amps from MB Quart, Alpine, or Hifonics. Having some trouble figuring all of this out. I have a sound ordnance b-8pt powered sub and need to give the door speakers some more power. Running the stock deck now (non-nav, non premium, with sync) and don't want to switch the stock look. I would like to spend around $100 on the amp, give or take.

Any of the above options sound good, or what else would you suggest? Also, should I run the kappas at 2 ohms? They show as 2 ohm speakers that run as 4 ohm once they see wiring. I can get more power from the clarion, for example, if I run them at 2 ohms but not sure if that will work. Thanks for any help you can offer!
The Alpine has been a proven performer. The Clarion is new. You should run the Kappas as they are at 4 ohms.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Amp for door speakers?