Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

AMP

Old 06-14-2015, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question AMP

Hello has anyone tried to add a amp to the stock radio?
The Radio has no remote or pre amp plugs. I got around that and made all my connections , turned on the radio and I get clicking noise .... Anyone run across this issue out there ? I had to add a add line from fuse 38 on my 2011 F-150 fuse panel to remote turn the amp on accessory .

I tried two grounds maybe its just a grounding issue that i need to make a 3rd grounding attempt . The amp is a Alpine KTP-445U Power Pack. Its small and great to put under the dash on the drivers side .
Any tips or suggestions would be awesome .
Thanks
Jerry
Old 06-15-2015, 12:00 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Golden4485
Hello has anyone tried to add a amp to the stock radio?
The Radio has no remote or pre amp plugs. I got around that and made all my connections , turned on the radio and I get clicking noise .... Anyone run across this issue out there ? I had to add a add line from fuse 38 on my 2011 F-150 fuse panel to remote turn the amp on accessory .

I tried two grounds maybe its just a grounding issue that i need to make a 3rd grounding attempt . The amp is a Alpine KTP-445U Power Pack. Its small and great to put under the dash on the drivers side .
Any tips or suggestions would be awesome .
Thanks
Jerry
Jerry
This is done a lot and there is a whole thread on doing it. I would suggest using the search function.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:53 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Default AMP

I did this with my 2010 fx4 with sync no navi. I used the PAC harness which converted my speaker levels to rca cables, sent them to my amp, then sent my amp output back to the pac unit so it could send the amplified signal to the speakers. I did this to get rid of a horrible engine wine I had using speaker level inputs "the old school way." I think the PAC unit also gives you a turn on lead tap from your head unit so I just used that to turn my amps on. Amps come on only when I turn my stereo on, it's nice.

My ground is to a seat floor bolt.

Worked like a charm, good luck.

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...&CategoryID=28

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AMP