Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Alpine X009

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 05:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Alpine X009

I recently installed an Alpine X009 in my 09 F150 XLT 5.9 L and everything is awesome however it has the (Gauge Cluster) mode which i love . however it has an option for the (Oil temp) Gauge looks like it is INOP Inoperable . I am thinking since i do not have the Lariat or higher package that I may need to either have it hooked up ir the sensoe installed all together any one ever do this kind of thing ??? The 351 Cleveland/Windsor days where a trip to the local auto store to get your fix are long gone .
any insight is appreciated
Elwood
Old 05-13-2015, 12:13 PM
F150 Forum

Received 147 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by ELWOOD1701
I recently installed an Alpine X009 in my 09 F150 XLT 5.9 L and everything is awesome however it has the (Gauge Cluster) mode which i love . however it has an option for the (Oil temp) Gauge looks like it is INOP Inoperable . I am thinking since i do not have the Lariat or higher package that I may need to either have it hooked up ir the sensoe installed all together any one ever do this kind of thing ??? The 351 Cleveland/Windsor days where a trip to the local auto store to get your fix are long gone .
any insight is appreciated
Elwood
I think you mean that when you go into the menu to assign gauges, you cannot select the Oil Temp gauge (the menu item is grayed out). If this is what you mean, this is because the OBD2 codes in your truck do not supply the data for us to create this gauge. There is no option to get a gauge to work if the data in your truck does not support it.

Hope this helps.
The following users liked this post:
ELWOOD1701 (05-14-2015)

Quick Reply: Alpine X009