Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Alpine Type-S 10"

Old 08-18-2012, 08:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Alpine Type-S 10"

I've tried to search threads here with no results so maybe someone could help me. I had a type-s in a jeep cherokee a few years back and loved it. I'd like to put one in my 2011 xlt screw under the rear seat. Does anyone know if it would be feasible to mount as a down fire? specs say it is 4.3" top mounted depth. Think it will fit? I will be building my own box...
Old 08-19-2012, 11:36 AM

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

I have 2 of them under my seat in a ported fox box and they sound great.

and it is down firing
Old 08-19-2012, 02:21 PM

Very nice. The plan is to have one type s 10 centered under the seat with two "trays" built off the box in either direction spanning the width of the truck. One tray for the amp and one tray for storage space. My only question is if the molded cover for the subs were removed, how much of the sub would protrude above the box. I won't have access to a molded cover that yours came with. Think it would be possible to build and fit this alpine?
Old 08-21-2012, 01:32 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Keep us updated! I would like to know how a 10" type s sounds! I'm looking into eventually Do a single 10" fox box in my 06 supercab but don't know what sub to do.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:33 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

How much cuft do you plan to build? Ported or Sealed?
Old 08-21-2012, 08:58 PM

I'm thinking 1cuft sealed. Might do the 1.5 sealed. Depends what the layout will be I suppose. I need to sit down and start drawing things up. Figured I would use 3/4 mdf. So hopefully in the next week or so I will start pulling some measurements. Hopefully it works out. I will update as soon as I get something on paper

@ mikey - I listen to pretty much everything depending upon the mood. The type s covers a wide range. I was very happy with it until it was stolen. As far as I know that sub has been discountinued but is still available certain places online
Old 08-22-2012, 08:03 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by USCGRope
I'm thinking 1cuft sealed. Might do the 1.5 sealed. Depends what the layout will be I suppose. I need to sit down and start drawing things up. Figured I would use 3/4 mdf. So hopefully in the next week or so I will start pulling some measurements. Hopefully it works out. I will update as soon as I get something on paper

@ mikey - I listen to pretty much everything depending upon the mood. The type s covers a wide range. I was very happy with it until it was stolen. As far as I know that sub has been discountinued but is still available certain places online
I'm the same I listen to pretty much everything also! I'm going to look into the type s eventually when I do a system! Here are the specs for the fox box off their website

INTERNAL AIR VOLUME:*.8 TOTAL
SUB SIZE: 10"
HOLE SIZE: 9.125"
MOUNTING DEPTH: 6 1/8" WITH A 6 INCH DIAMETER MAGNET

And here are the specs for the Alpine Type S 10"

Top-Mount Depth: 5-9/16"
Specifications:*

Ideal Sealed Maximum Box Volume cubic feet*: 0.54 cu. Ft.
Ideal Sealed Minimum Box Volume cubic feet*: 0.54 cu. ft.

Will this sub work with the fox box? Is it the right air space and mounting depth?
Old 08-22-2012, 03:11 PM

I'm not the best person to answer that question. My previous posts were regarding the "old" type s. Less mounting depth (4.3"). I saw the new type s and was scared away by the 5 9/16" depth, ha.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Alpine Type-S 10"