Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Alpine restyle 2014 MyTouch

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 04:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Alpine restyle 2014 MyTouch

has anyone tried the Alpine restyle and will it work to replace mytouch

http://alpine-usa.com/product/view/f...ation-x009-fd2
Old 07-15-2015, 04:45 PM

Received 137 Likes on 73 Posts

Hello. the Alpine restyle system XOO9-FD2 will replace the (2013-2014)with 4.2 screen... Iv'e got it in my truck and am 100% happy. no regrets at all. it does everything it's intended to do and does it well. from boot-up speed, Nav XM, bluethooth, favorite tabs, camera and so forth-. it's big and easy to see in direct sun-.

the below thread has some pics...

https://www.f150forum.com/f30/alpine...294557/index3/
Old 07-15-2015, 04:50 PM

Dang I really want mytouch GONE guess ill have to use a processor
Old 07-16-2015, 08:13 AM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by BigEvil2005
Dang I really want mytouch GONE guess ill have to use a processor
I hate MFT also but we seemed to have been left out when it comes to aftermarket support for some reason.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:34 AM
F150 Forum

Received 147 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by dan02gt
I hate MFT also but we seemed to have been left out when it comes to aftermarket support for some reason.

You have not been left out. We at ADS (iDatalink/Maestro) have not pursued a replacement strategy for MFT because the sync module that is bolted to the back of your touch screen handles many functions in addition to just infotainment. For example:

911 Assist, including crash detection/notification
Vehicle settings for tons of stuff
Climate control buttons (we can handle this part)
Gateway functions for passing messages from one CAN bus to next. Sync is one of few devices connected to all three networks and it's very hard to tell if it performs gateway functions for some systems or not.

So, we have been concerned about unintended consequences of removing it entirely. The truck built with MFT is wired up completely different than the trucks with the My Ford 4.2 inch screen.

However, people have reported that they have successfully used the following parts from Scosche to replace MFT:

FD02SR Interface kit
FD6206B - Dash kit with integrated HVAC touch screen (no idea if they rebuild the vehicle settings in there or not)

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Scosche, I have no experience with these parts and cannot provide any advice, support or even details about their operation. So I am not recommending them. I am sharing what some dealers have told us.

Based on these parts being made available, we may consider a solution as well. We just hate to sell products where the list of what does not work after you make the change is bigger than the list of features you added.

But who knows? We are looking at it another time considering all this seriously.

Best,

Last edited by 12V Guy; 07-17-2015 at 09:36 AM.
The following users liked this post:
freddyttt (07-17-2015)
Old 07-18-2015, 12:59 PM

well please work on something I really don't like MFT ill be first to buy
Old 07-18-2015, 05:32 PM
JasonW812

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Alpine X009-FD2

I just installed the Alpine restyle system a couple of weeks ago. Pretty straight forward. Everything works great except I can't get the phone button on the steering wheel to let me say "call John Doe" like I used to. Other than that its a huge improvement...at a price...
Attached Thumbnails Alpine restyle 2014 MyTouch-20150718_131914.jpg  
Old 07-19-2015, 06:12 AM

Received 137 Likes on 73 Posts

I see your NAV car is off course-. If that happens frequently (I called Tech)

A-. take your antenna out from underneath that rubber matt thing on the dash-.

or

B-. on a clear day with good line of sight(no trees building) reset your system.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:52 AM
F150 Forum

Received 147 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Jasonw812
I just installed the Alpine restyle system a couple of weeks ago. Pretty straight forward. Everything works great except I can't get the phone button on the steering wheel to let me say "call John Doe" like I used to. Other than that its a huge improvement...at a price...
Did you do the install? If so, please contact Dara in our tech support. Your voice and phone buttons should work exactly the same unless something is not configured correctly.
The following users liked this post:
Jasonw812 (07-27-2015)
Old 07-31-2015, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by 12V Guy
You have not been left out. We at ADS (iDatalink/Maestro) have not pursued a replacement strategy for MFT because the sync module that is bolted to the back of your touch screen handles many functions in addition to just infotainment. For example:

911 Assist, including crash detection/notification
Vehicle settings for tons of stuff
Climate control buttons (we can handle this part)
Gateway functions for passing messages from one CAN bus to next. Sync is one of few devices connected to all three networks and it's very hard to tell if it performs gateway functions for some systems or not.

So, we have been concerned about unintended consequences of removing it entirely. The truck built with MFT is wired up completely different than the trucks with the My Ford 4.2 inch screen.

However, people have reported that they have successfully used the following parts from Scosche to replace MFT:

FD02SR Interface kit
FD6206B - Dash kit with integrated HVAC touch screen (no idea if they rebuild the vehicle settings in there or not)

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Scosche, I have no experience with these parts and cannot provide any advice, support or even details about their operation. So I am not recommending them. I am sharing what some dealers have told us.

Based on these parts being made available, we may consider a solution as well. We just hate to sell products where the list of what does not work after you make the change is bigger than the list of features you added.

But who knows? We are looking at it another time considering all this seriously.

Best,
Can the sync module be relocated to accommodate the new radio?

Quick Reply: Alpine restyle 2014 MyTouch