Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Alpine PXE-H660

Old 05-24-2012, 03:52 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Alpine PXE-H660

If anyone has trouble getting the imprint software installed on their laptop let me know. Mine wouldn't install on two different laptops until I figured out the issue. Took me about an hour last night. I'm a Mac user so I had to break out some old Windows Vista laptops since the software doesn't support Mac. However, did some research last night on some old car audio forums I use to frequent back in the day. People seem to have issues with software working.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:36 PM

Received 523 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by lizardking1
If anyone has trouble getting the imprint software installed on their laptop let me know. Mine wouldn't install on two different laptops until I figured out the issue. Took me about an hour last night. I'm a Mac user so I had to break out some old Windows Vista laptops since the software doesn't support Mac. However, did some research last night on some old car audio forums I use to frequent back in the day. People seem to have issues with software working.
Yeah, the PXA- Software (all modes 100, H650-800) is not compatible with the IOS /Mac operating system. Also note: most of the software won't work on some of the Vista models because of the 64bit operating system. I don't even think the new H-800 is compatible with 64bit systems.

However, not all Vista units are 64bit, so depending on your operating system(16,32,64) it may or may not load the software. I know some of the cheaper volume sellers(wal-mart) sold vista 64 bit dell's and compaq's. Hence my of my old software won't work on it.

So I just used an old LINUX operating system to upload it. You can use Linux, XP, or 32bit Vista units to tune it. Almost all microsoft OS's besides the Vista 64 bit works!
Old 05-25-2012, 10:49 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

It was a nightmare to install on my 32 bit windows systems as well. Ended up running the software in administrator mode.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Alpine PXE-H660