Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Alpine ktp-445u help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 10:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Alpine ktp-445u help!

I know this should be posted in the how to section but I'm being denied access. Hopefully someone has some input as I don't want to install this thing and fry my HU so any help from anyone is VERY appreciated.

I bought the metra harness and cut off the black male/female ends. All speaker wires are connected how they should be. The blue/white coming off the amp on both sides are now connected to the blue/red off the metra harness (between the input side and the male end, and between the output side and the female end.

Whats next...?

* Im left with 1 red off the male end and 1 red off the female end of the metra. (Splice between the male and female?)

* I have 1 yellow off the male, 1 yellow off the female, and the yellow with the fuse coming off the output side of the amp? (Splice all yellow together?)

* Lastly, the ground (black) is the same order as yellow. (Splice all together?)

Sorry for my ignorance. Just trying to get a little help before I cost myself some cash.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:08 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by USCGRope
I know this should be posted in the how to section but I'm being denied access. Hopefully someone has some input as I don't want to install this thing and fry my HU so any help from anyone is VERY appreciated.

I bought the metra harness and cut off the black male/female ends. All speaker wires are connected how they should be. The blue/white coming off the amp on both sides are now connected to the blue/red off the metra harness (between the input side and the male end, and between the output side and the female end.

Whats next...?

* Im left with 1 red off the male end and 1 red off the female end of the metra. (Splice between the male and female?)

* I have 1 yellow off the male, 1 yellow off the female, and the yellow with the fuse coming off the output side of the amp? (Splice all yellow together?)

* Lastly, the ground (black) is the same order as yellow. (Splice all together?)

Sorry for my ignorance. Just trying to get a little help before I cost myself some cash.
It would be good to know what you are hooking the alpine up to. It has both high and low level inputs so I don't know why you had to cut and ends off. If you are using all 4 channels of the amp you should not have any "red" left over. To me that says you only have 3 channels hooked up. The blue/white wire is your amp turn on wire and should a the same color wire on the Metra harness. Yes you should have all the yellows together and the black grounds together
Old 09-07-2012, 12:16 PM

Hooking the amp up for the 4 door speakers (polk 571's). I've researched and found I could have kept the rca's but I didn't. The red is left over from cutting the black male and female off the metra harness. So basically right now I have the yellow from the male end of the harness connected to the female end also connected to the yellow from the amp. And I have done the same with the ground. Only thing left to consider is splicing the red(12v ignition/switched) together between the male and female on the metra harness.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:18 PM

The way I understood was blue/white from amp to blue/red on the harness. Can someone confirm?
Old 09-07-2012, 12:21 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

The KTP will auto sense the signal, no reason to connect the turn on. The only turn on coming out of the HU would be if you have audiophile on the sub end.
Yes, if the Alpine didn't autosense, this is what you would need to turn on the amp.

Yes

Yes

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
It would be good to know what you are hooking the alpine up to. It has both high and low level inputs so I don't know why you had to cut and ends off. If you are using all 4 channels of the amp you should not have any "red" left over. To me that says you only have 3 channels hooked up. The blue/white wire is your amp turn on wire and should a the same color wire on the Metra harness. Yes you should have all the yellows together and the black grounds together
It doesn't have separate high and lows from what I've seen. They are the same wires, but are select-able as high or low.
The following 2 users liked this post by GATORB8:
USCGRope (09-07-2012), Wyo11Scab (09-07-2012)
Old 09-07-2012, 12:35 PM

The way I understood was blue/white from amp to blue/red on the harness. Can someone confirm?
No, unless you only want your amp to turn on when your lights are on.

Blue/red is illumination.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:03 PM

Ok so from what I gather all that needs hooked up is all speaker wires, all yellow 12v constant, and all grounds. No need to do anything with the reds, blue/white off the amp, and blue/red on the harness. Correct?
Old 09-10-2012, 12:14 PM

Ok so from what I gather all that needs hooked up is all speaker wires, all yellow 12v constant, and all grounds. No need to do anything with the reds, blue/white off the amp, and blue/red on the harness. Correct?
The reds and Blue/Red do need to be connected from the truck side of the harness to the radio side (but not to the amp).

Should be fine leaving the blue/white from the amp disconnected. Just make sure you have the amp set to autosense the speaker signal. Should tell you how in the manual.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:37 PM

Sounds good. I have it all wired up and complete. Only thing is... I have the blue/red still hooked up to the blue/white. Won't have time to install the thing for about another week. Hopefully all works out but ill have to correct the blues like you are saying. Thanks
Old 09-11-2012, 11:45 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Sounds good. I have it all wired up and complete. Only thing is... I have the blue/red still hooked up to the blue/white. Won't have time to install the thing for about another week. Hopefully all works out but ill have to correct the blues like you are saying. Thanks
I would disconnect it. Like Gator said it senses the turn on so no need for it to be connected anyway. Why take a chance?

Quick Reply: Alpine ktp-445u help!