Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

alpine kpt 445u power pack 4x45

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 01:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default alpine kpt 445u power pack 4x45

Just swapped all door speakers to infinity reference and they need some more power scotty....keeping stock head for now(sync non nav)
In your opinion do you think 45w per channel will be enough to get rid of factory sound if you know what I mean.
Bennies of this is that it splices into factory head harness(no PAC needed)
Runs off HU power
U rating very efficient and cool
Can be bridged for 2x90w(has rca jacks on units harness)
My concern is if 90 w be enough for my needs.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:06 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jaxfish
Just swapped all door speakers to infinity reference and they need some more power scotty....keeping stock head for now(sync non nav) In your opinion do you think 45w per channel will be enough to get rid of factory sound if you know what I mean. Bennies of this is that it splices into factory head harness(no PAC needed) Runs off HU power U rating very efficient and cool Can be bridged for 2x90w(has rca jacks on units harness) My concern is if 90 w be enough for my needs.
Makes a huge difference. More than doubled the power. I can't even reach half volume. I used the Metra BT5520 harness to keep the factory harness unaltered. Have had it for almost 3 months and very happy with it. Only thing I would suggest is a powered sub also if you don't have one yet.
The following users liked this post:
jaxfish (03-06-2014)
Old 03-06-2014, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Schambo
Makes a huge difference. More than doubled the power. I can't even reach half volume. I used the Metra BT5520 harness to keep the factory harness unaltered. Have had it for almost 3 months and very happy with it. Only thing I would suggest is a powered sub also if you don't have one yet.
Schambo did not purchase sub yet looking at tubes. I was going to get a 5 ch 1000w amp but emailed crutchfield with my expectations and the Alpine 445 was suggested....before 5ch amp thought was 1 amp for doors and 1 for sub...
I'm happy to hear that your satisfied with power pack and appreciate the Metra suggestion because it was on my list to buy for adding the 1000w amp(although I'm still confused between difference of Metra and PAC-Fdr10 or 24(lol).....yeah that splicing into harness is not something I wanted to do(even thou I was an electrician for 20 yrs) connection is the weakest link in a circut : / but crutch had those cool connectors on the cart list.
Thanks
Old 03-07-2014, 10:13 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

For me it works great. However, I had already installed an amp and sub prior to this upgrade. So, I had to run power, ground and remote wires for the mono sub amp. If I were to do it from scratch, the 5 channel amp might be the way to go. You will need to run the speaker cables from a harness but with a 9 wire cable it should be fairly simple. If you keep the RMS range at 75 or below you should be able to wire into the existing factory speaker wire.

Whatever you decide to do will be a major improvement over that crappy system they call a stereo. The Metra Harness was easy to modify but I had to cut off the Low level connectors. You should consider the PAC harness so you can keep them. With the KTP I do have a slight hiss at low volume but it really is not that bad. I think it might be the fact them I'm running through line level input. Low level input might reduce this but not really sure. Good Luck and enjoy it. I know I do every time I turn it on.https://www.f150forum.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif
Old 03-07-2014, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Schambo
For me it works great. However, I had already installed an amp and sub prior to this upgrade. So, I had to run power, ground and remote wires for the mono sub amp. If I were to do it from scratch, the 5 channel amp might be the way to go. You will need to run the speaker cables from a harness but with a 9 wire cable it should be fairly simple. If you keep the RMS range at 75 or below you should be able to wire into the existing factory speaker wire.

Whatever you decide to do will be a major improvement over that crappy system they call a stereo. The Metra Harness was easy to modify but I had to cut off the Low level connectors. You should consider the PAC harness so you can keep them. With the KTP I do have a slight hiss at low volume but it really is not that bad. I think it might be the fact them I'm running through line level input. Low level input might reduce this but not really sure. Good Luck and enjoy it. I know I do every time I turn it on.https://www.f150forum.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif
Lol Schambo link at end of your post I was expecting pictures of your work LOL but I will take a thumbs up any day....
Did some good reading early this morn(after I posted) and got into Metra vs PAC and honestly dont get the box on PAC from my understanding its a Bluetooth add on? On this forum I see ALOT OF PAC S INSTALLED vs Metra. Got to run wire anyway for sub so I'm going to go with a larger amp although the alpine 445 looks like an easier way but might as well go all the way(been working a lot so spread the wealth lol).

Quick Reply: alpine kpt 445u power pack 4x45