Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Alpine H800 going back...

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 12:39 PM

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Alpine H800 going back...

Well I tried. This is a nice unit but between the DSP and the controller it isn't even close to being worth the price tag. I replaced a Cleansweep with the H800 and this morning I put the Cleansweep back in for comparison purposes. The JL is so much smoother and more natural sounding. I may try an Audison or RF down the line but for now I am keeping it simple.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:29 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good to know.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:00 PM

Received 523 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by etazeta
Well I tried. This is a nice unit but between the DSP and the controller it isn't even close to being worth the price tag. I replaced a Cleansweep with the H800 and this morning I put the Cleansweep back in for comparison purposes. The JL is so much smoother and more natural sounding. I may try an Audison or RF down the line but for now I am keeping it simple.
Sorry to hear that etazeta. I think it would have served you alot better if you didn't need the "summing" device. It's a much more precise piece of equuipment, but requires the proper inputs to function correctly. Sorry we couldn't help out anymore than we did.

That factory nav/sony system makes adding aftermarket equipment tough.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by ibd2328

Sorry to hear that etazeta. I think it would have served you alot better if you didn't need the "summing" device. It's a much more precise piece of equuipment, but requires the proper inputs to function correctly. Sorry we couldn't help out anymore than we did.

That factory nav/sony system makes adding aftermarket equipment tough.
It does make it tough, but it is definitely doable. But you're right the summing piece is what makes or breaks it. I started with Audiocontrol which summed great but didn't provide any unEQ abilities. The Alpine wasn't bad but I just can't wrap my head around it not having a summing feature. How simple to add that. Anyway, I know some argue that the Cleansweep is "old technology" but it really is perfect for me. Sums perfect, and provides a nice flat curve with strong voltage into the amps. I may end up adding an inline EQ so I can make some tweaks but I'll do a lot of research first.

Any suggestions on a sold EQ?

Oh and swapping the JBL 5.25s for Focal 6.5s did wonders.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:33 PM

Let me bounce this off you guys. I already have the Cleansweep which was a gift, and I already have the H800 and RUX all hooked up. I wonder if I used the Cleansweep to present a strong, summed, full range signal to the H800?
Old 07-23-2012, 04:46 PM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Cant hurt to try.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:02 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Its like i said before, get the Audison. No looking back!
Old 07-23-2012, 07:03 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...itone-1-a.html
Old 07-24-2012, 05:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Etazeta,

What signals are you summing with the JL SSI? If I remember correctly, You can only sum the front mids, rear full range, and subwoofer channels to create your full range signals. What are you doing about the front tweeters?
Old 07-24-2012, 05:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ended up going with the LC8i for my summing unit, that way I'm left with all 8 channels being utilized, Fronts summed together and rear, center, and sub all pass through. Also, are you using both sets of wires from the factory? If not, you're only providing your system with half the power from the headunit

Quick Reply: Alpine H800 going back...