Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Airbag Light problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airbag Light problem

The other day I installed a reverse camera in my 2004 FX4 F150. When I finished up and got everything back together, I would receive 5 beeps, 5 times.. 25 total. I've read that this could be a fault somewhere with the airbag system. What I think, and hope the problem is, is when I took off the face plate surrounding the radio and unplugged everything, I possibly dropped and lost a clip that plugs the wires into where the "passenger airbag" light displays. There are two small wires that apparently plug into a clip, that then clips into the dash where the light is. Can anyone help me out and help me find one of these clips!? I've tried Autozone and Advanced Auto Parts.
Attached Images  
Old 07-15-2013, 05:23 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

What you need is the connector shell, you can try the dealer but if they have it it'll be pricey, I'd check a wrecking yard and see if you can snip one off an old harness or you can just plug the wire ends directly onto the light with no connector shell and use some tape to hold it in place.

Does the amber srs light in the cluster flash? if so count the number of light flashes and report back what the count is, I can help you diagnose this system.

The following users liked this post:
Lando_Calrissian8 (07-16-2013)
Old 07-16-2013, 09:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great thank you! I am going to try a few salvage yards before I turn to the dealership. I tried to tape the wires onto the light with no wire shell and it wouldn't work. There is no light that flashes, all I hear are the 25 sequenced beeps. Thank you for the help

Quick Reply: Airbag Light problem