Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Aftermarket Stereo in 2010 help

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Aftermarket Stereo in 2010 help

I have a 2010 f150 XLT with sync no nav. I am currently in the process of installing a Kenwood DDX719. I wanted to keep my sync and all that so I bought a PAC MS-FDR1. For the life of me I can't figure out how to connect this thing. I've always been good with audio systems but this is just confusing. The directions are nothing but a piece and I can't find anything online that could help me install this thing. I'm about ready to just take it back and forget about sync. Anyone have any advise or know what I need to do? I spent 200 on this thing for a reason.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:56 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by childerm
I have a 2010 f150 XLT with sync no nav. I am currently in the process of installing a Kenwood DDX719. I wanted to keep my sync and all that so I bought a PAC MS-FDR1. For the life of me I can't figure out how to connect this thing. I've always been good with audio systems but this is just confusing. The directions are nothing but a piece and I can't find anything online that could help me install this thing. I'm about ready to just take it back and forget about sync. Anyone have any advise or know what I need to do? I spent 200 on this thing for a reason.
Hey, I have read through the manual a couple times to determine whether or not I wanted to go that route and it is entirely plug & play. Dont use the LCD it comes with because its useless with our F150 as we have the display already. First picture shows exactly where everything plugs in http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductD...ons_020311.pdf

Remember you have to have an auxiliary-in on your new head unit or else you cannot retain Sync as this unit just plays the Sync features through the auxiliary input of the new headunit. There is a built in automatic switch that does the signal sensing. The auxiliary off of the FDR1 is L+R RCA so you may need to adapt to 3.5mm if thats the aux that your headunit accepts.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jbone14
Hey, I have read through the manual a couple times to determine whether or not I wanted to go that route and it is entirely plug & play. Dont use the LCD it comes with because its useless with our F150 as we have the display already. First picture shows exactly where everything plugs in http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductD...ons_020311.pdf

Remember you have to have an auxiliary-in on your new head unit or else you cannot retain Sync as this unit just plays the Sync features through the auxiliary input of the new headunit. There is a built in automatic switch that does the signal sensing. The auxiliary off of the FDR1 is L+R RCA so you may need to adapt to 3.5mm if thats the aux that your headunit accepts.
I do have an aux-in on my new unit, the problem I am running into though is that the unit is getting no power. The little screen with the PAC turns on so I know that is getting power but not the unit. I don't know if I am mistakenly splitting the wrong wires or what. I know I have all the connections to and from the filter correct I believe I might be getting something wrong from the filter to the receiver.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:59 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by childerm
I do have an aux-in on my new unit, the problem I am running into though is that the unit is getting no power. The little screen with the PAC turns on so I know that is getting power but not the unit. I don't know if I am mistakenly splitting the wrong wires or what. I know I have all the connections to and from the filter correct I believe I might be getting something wrong from the filter to the receiver.
I have used one of these before and I don't know what wires you would be splitting. Like JBone says you won't even need the external screen so throw that back in the box. If you call PAC they are very helpful. I had to call them to make sure I had the correct wire connected so it would just mute the HU when using SYNC and not turn it off. They were very helpful.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:55 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
I have used one of these before and I don't know what wires you would be splitting. Like JBone says you won't even need the external screen so throw that back in the box. If you call PAC they are very helpful. I had to call them to make sure I had the correct wire connected so it would just mute the HU when using SYNC and not turn it off. They were very helpful.
I agree, give PAC a call and troubleshoot as there shouldn't be any wire splitting involved and if you have all the wires connected as illustrated then you may have an issue with your unit... who knows until PAC can diagnose with you.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Stereo in 2010 help