Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

aftermarket head unit questions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question aftermarket head unit questions.

Hey everyone, just have a quick question hopefully will get a quick answer. I'm going to be installing an aftermarket radio in my 2011 xlt without sync. I'm shopping through crutchfield for various reasons and they've said that I need an additional $100 wiring adapter (on top of the basic wiring harness) or I MAY lose the factory amp and speakers. Can anyone verify or clarify? It makes little sense, cause its not a sync system and I seriously doubt there's an amp hidden somewhere other then the basic amp attached to the radio. So a little help would be great.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:33 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by lumaro443
Hey everyone, just have a quick question hopefully will get a quick answer. I'm going to be installing an aftermarket radio in my 2011 xlt without sync. I'm shopping through crutchfield for various reasons and they've said that I need an additional $100 wiring adapter (on top of the basic wiring harness) or I MAY lose the factory amp and speakers. Can anyone verify or clarify? It makes little sense, cause its not a sync system and I seriously doubt there's an amp hidden somewhere other then the basic amp attached to the radio. So a little help would be great.
You don't have an amp. If you have steering wheel controls you will need an adapter for that
Old 05-31-2014, 02:20 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

Originally Posted by lumaro443
You will most likely need axxes 5520 Nav harness, this will allow you to retain power like normal and the axxes steering wheel adapter to get controls to work. Should be less than a hundred for both.

Quick Reply: aftermarket head unit questions.