Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Aftermarket amp install

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 11:35 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Aftermarket amp install

I just picked up a fox box and looking for some guidance. I have a screw with factory sony system and nav. I've heard there is a kit now to installer hour cutting wires . A local shop sold me PAC or Memphis made one but it was like 160.00 . I can't seem to find anything. Ice always heard mixed feelings about tapping into the subwoofer wiring which would be super easy for me to do . I'm going to run my 2 channel ed nine.2x to the subs and leave my other speKers on the HU.
Old 06-19-2014, 03:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I recently installed an amp and subs in my 2013 screw. I spliced into the speaker wires in the center pillar to a rca converter and it works and sounds just fine. I am not running anything special. the amp is a boss ar1500m mono with 2 12" sony subs. The nice thing I found and did was I hooked the remote wire to the power window wire (purple with white stripe) this allows me to turn the amp off if I want by flipping the window lock switch.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:51 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by tinman2727
I recently installed an amp and subs in my 2013 screw. I spliced into the speaker wires in the center pillar to a rca converter and it works and sounds just fine. I am not running anything special. the amp is a boss ar1500m mono with 2 12" sony subs. The nice thing I found and did was I hooked the remote wire to the power window wire (purple with white stripe) this allows me to turn the amp off if I want by flipping the window lock switch.
And you would like to turn off the amp that way because?????
Old 06-19-2014, 08:52 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by 13TuxEco
I just picked up a fox box and looking for some guidance. I have a screw with factory sony system and nav. I've heard there is a kit now to installer hour cutting wires . A local shop sold me PAC or Memphis made one but it was like 160.00 . I can't seem to find anything. Ice always heard mixed feelings about tapping into the subwoofer wiring which would be super easy for me to do . I'm going to run my 2 channel ed nine.2x to the subs and leave my other speKers on the HU.
No adapter. You need to tap
Old 06-20-2014, 08:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
And you would like to turn off the amp that way because?????
Nice feature to have without installing a toggle switch. Allows me to turn it off when I have my 10 year old with me.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket amp install