Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Advent navi for 2013-14 F150 has been cancelled!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 02:48 PM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Advent navi for 2013-14 F150 has been cancelled!

While going after some of the answers you guys posed in the other thread on this new navi deck, I got some pretty crappy news this morning from my Advent rep: it looks like due to the challenges involved in reverse-engineering the Ford CANBUS and SYNC system in the new body style F150, this deck has been cancelled.

Evidently, there are some pretty major hurdles in getting the deck to "handshake" with the CANBUS & SYNC system, and due to the lack of any support from Ford (which will NEVER be provided to any aftermarket manufacturer), the resources that would have to be thrown at it to figure these problems out would make it cost-prohibitive to produce.

So unfortunately, it looks like we will have to search for a different solution for these trucks. Maybe Maestro will come out with a variation that will work with new Kenwood product and Metra or Scosche may push out a good looking kit, but that's about the only hope I see.

I did lay eyes on a very Chinese version of a radio for this truck at the SEMA show a month ago (and I will probably see more at CES in two weeks), but I think that I can be very confident in saying that if a company the size of Advent (owned by Audiovox) can't figure it out, it's EXTREMELY doubtful that a no-name factory in China can figure it out.

Sorry for having to pass this along, but if there was any way to get it done right, Advent would do it - they just won't put out a product that isn't 100% right for the vehicle - they value their customers too much to jeopardize your trust in the product.

Walt
ADC Mobile
Old 12-19-2013, 02:53 PM

Received 169 Likes on 137 Posts

That sucks, not that I was in the market but I always like to see options available
Old 12-19-2013, 08:44 PM

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Old 12-19-2013, 10:22 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Sync sucks anyway. If they can get it to interface with the steering wheel controls, and the trucks built in mic, I am in. Ditch Sync.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:12 AM
Dazed and Confused

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Milton6001
Sync sucks anyway. If they can get it to interface with the steering wheel controls, and the trucks built in mic, I am in. Ditch Sync.

Agree about Sync. I never use it. MY USB, steering wheel controls work so that is all I cared about.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:55 AM

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Milton6001
Amen, praise it brother! I don't even care about the mic, as long as I can get the steering wheel controls I'd be good.

Quick Reply: Advent navi for 2013-14 F150 has been cancelled!