Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Adding Sub Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding Sub Questions

Hey. I have an 01 F150 with a stock radio. I was wondering if these stock radios had a sub out? If not is there a different stock radio I could plug in that does have a sub out? Would like to stick with a stock radio if possible.

My radio is a single CD stereo. When I pull the radio out there are spots for 4 plugs. 2 are being used at the moment (power and speakers i'm assuming). The other one labeled amp down in the hole does not have any slots for pins. The 4th has 8 pins but they look like there is nothing there (no female slots or male). Any help is appretiated.

Jon

Last edited by DJMoney69; 06-02-2008 at 06:16 PM.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:09 PM

Lightbulb This is what I was thinking

I have a fx4 2003 lariet supercrew .. It has the CD6 stereo in it .. I was thinking about Branching off of the rear speakers and and running them into the high input on my amp or buy one of those line level things and run into low level inputs and then put my 2 10 inch subs behind the rear seat .But there is not much room at all in the super crew.. I am going to do some measuring tommorrow...
Old 06-12-2008, 01:27 AM
Car Audio FANATIC

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No factory units (from ford at least) come with RCAs on the back. what you can do is get a output converter and run RCAs from there... but you won't get awesome sound : ( You'd be WAY better off getting an aftermarket radio and using the sub outs there. you will have much better sound from aftermarket radio
Old 06-13-2008, 07:19 AM

Default I think

I do have a really nice system in my old ford truck that I wa going to pull out and put in my new truck ( New to Me) but I just hate those aftermarket plastic adapters for tereos.. I cant afford the cd-6 size radio just yet. Right Before I bought the FX4 I put about $1000.00 into the stereo system in My 1993 F-150.. Pioneer Head Unit , 2-Fosgate amps, 1 Piioneer amp, 1 Infinity Crossover 3 way, Pioneer tweeter, 2-10inch Pioneer Subs, 2- sony 61/2 3way speakers, 2-Sony 5x8 Speakers, Coustic Sub Amp.. All of that stuff besides the amps wil not fit in my 2003 truck.. I also remember when removing panels thos clips break real easy and then you will have rattles...Plus I would really like to keep the CD6 Size of radio... Maybe after I pay off the loan on the truck in the next couple of years I will Play..
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Adding Sub Questions