Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Adding Sony Sound

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 01:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Adding Sony Sound

Hi, guys I'm new here. I just bought a new '11 Lariat SuperCrew Eco. Love the truck, but my plain stereo is kinda lame. I have been looking around, and wondered if anybody could answer a few questions. Mostly I'd like to know if the wiring for the Sony amp (under the console) and sub (under the back seat) are there even if the truck is equipped with the standard stereo? I know everybody's reaction will be that I shouldn't waste my time, and to buy an aftermarket system. I'm not interested in that. I was just wondering if I bought the amp and subs, if my truck would be provisioned for it. There appear to be 3 connectors under the console, and one on the sub. Thanks
Old 10-04-2011, 08:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I doubt that you'll find it. I just had the standard hookups and wiring in my 2010 xlt. The factory unit had the wiring harness for sync but didn't support it.

Only thing I can think to check, the amp for the sony system is located under the console drink holders in a sony system, so if you have that you could always pull the center console off and look.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping somebody who has had these things apart would know before I go taking my new truck apart?

Quick Reply: Adding Sony Sound