Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Adding 2 8" subs in custom box to 2009 screw. Need help with amp install

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding 2 8" subs in custom box to 2009 screw. Need help with amp install

I have a 2009 F150 screw and I am wondering what is the best method to hook up a Rockford Fosgate 300 watt amp?
1. Best way to get power wire through the firewall?
2. Any problem with ground going to front seat bolts?
3. Best place to connect remote lead wire?
4. If I tie into the factory speaker wires in the rear doors, does anyone know what color they are?

I haven't started install yet, but if I can get some of these questions answered, it will make it go faster.

Thanks
Old 05-07-2009, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by IlliniFord
I have a 2009 F150 screw and I am wondering what is the best method to hook up a Rockford Fosgate 300 watt amp?
1. Best way to get power wire through the firewall?
2. Any problem with ground going to front seat bolts?
3. Best place to connect remote lead wire?
4. If I tie into the factory speaker wires in the rear doors, does anyone know what color they are?

I haven't started install yet, but if I can get some of these questions answered, it will make it go faster.

Thanks
I have an '01 crew and i didn't go through the firewall, I went through the door. Then only problem you might have with grounding to the front seat is that at least on my truck those bolts are surrounded by rubber and might not be a good enough ground. I take it you are hooking up to a factory sterio so find any wire that turns on when you turn the ignition on. As far as the colors I don't know but the wires will be together like regular speaker wire.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i say it all the time for a reason, its better....run a power and ground to the front battery! it makes a big difference, better sound quality, less voltage drop, much cleaner
Old 05-14-2009, 12:41 PM

i ran mine threw the the firewall by the stearing column, it also looks alot cleaner, you dont want to ghetto rig your system, everything sounds like it looks....****
Old 05-14-2009, 01:53 PM
UGH-HUUUGH!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

logan...your sayin run the negative from the amp to the battery?? i thought you wanted the ground as short as possible
Old 05-14-2009, 01:57 PM
Car Audio Junkie

yes im saying run it from battery to amp, it increases the conductivity, increases the output, clairty and voltage recharge so the amp dosnt get as hot as quick...its been a proven fact that its better, trust me
Old 05-14-2009, 02:20 PM
UGH-HUUUGH!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all right!! thanks for the helpful info
Old 05-24-2009, 11:13 PM
4th F150 (09 XLT CC 4X4)

Originally Posted by loganberry
yes im saying run it from battery to amp, it increases the conductivity, increases the output, clairty and voltage recharge so the amp dosnt get as hot as quick...its been a proven fact that its better, trust me
Can you run the power and ground down the same side, let's say the drivers side? Then run your RCA's down the passenger side? I've heard you have to separate the RCA's from the power wire to eliminate engine noise.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:26 AM
Car Audio Junkie

Originally Posted by boxful
Can you run the power and ground down the same side, let's say the drivers side? Then run your RCA's down the passenger side? I've heard you have to separate the RCA's from the power wire to eliminate engine noise.

thats a good rule of thumb

if its good rca's and wire tho you wont have have an issue, better to be safe then sorry tho
Old 05-25-2009, 10:01 AM

Received 120 Likes on 97 Posts

I always ran them apart from one another just because it's what I was told. You could run power, and ground down the passenger side, at least the battery on my truck is on that side. Then run your RCA and Remote Wire down the center of the truck where the middle seat is or would be.

You can run the RCAs and Remote Wire with the rest of the wires to the back of the truck if you find that channel. The remote wire should be connected to the back of the deck and to the amp. Then again, I have only installed aftermarket decks and I do not know what you are installing.

Quick Reply: Adding 2 8" subs in custom box to 2009 screw. Need help with amp install