Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Adaptive Sound Imaging

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 09:51 AM

Received 538 Likes on 448 Posts

Default Adaptive Sound Imaging

I think thats what it's called. When the speakers adjust from left to right during playback for better imaging. Does the stock unit do this? I have noticed that my passenger side tweeter goes in and out intermittently and otherwise has a buzzing sound. Have not dug into the door panel to check connections, and it may possibly be just a loose connection?

As far as the imaging, is their a equalizer/sound processor i can look into to get rid of this feature if it is indeed enabled with the stock head unit?

Wanting to keep the stock 4.2" LCD at the moment

current setup: LOC on rear speakers, eclipse 4ch bridged to 6.5" ID components. Alpine mrp500 on 2 sundown E8v2s
Old 05-21-2014, 10:44 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by zimmer0
I think thats what it's called. When the speakers adjust from left to right during playback for better imaging. Does the stock unit do this? I have noticed that my passenger side tweeter goes in and out intermittently and otherwise has a buzzing sound. Have not dug into the door panel to check connections, and it may possibly be just a loose connection?

As far as the imaging, is their a equalizer/sound processor i can look into to get rid of this feature if it is indeed enabled with the stock head unit?

Wanting to keep the stock 4.2" LCD at the moment

current setup: LOC on rear speakers, eclipse 4ch bridged to 6.5" ID components. Alpine mrp500 on 2 sundown E8v2s
The stock HU does not do this. I would dig into that tweeter problem. It could be blown.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:09 PM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

^^^^^ what he said

Quick Reply: Adaptive Sound Imaging