Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

8" subwoofer box to fit under rear passenger seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8" subwoofer box to fit under rear passenger seat

Has anyone ever found one? If no one has ever found one, can someone build one? I want to pull the Sony Sub in my 2011, and replace with with a JL 8w3v3 and aftermarket amp. I have searched everywhere I can think of to look and can find absolutely nothing.

I would like to keep the subwoofer underneath the rear passenger seat so I can continue to have all of the storage space that is available when the seat is folded up. Any help is appreciated.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:36 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

i have heard of some people going with this http://www.crutchfield.com/S-WeCuo8x...nce-B-8PT.html

but most say you need two of them to get the bass you want.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just installed a fox acoustics box with a JL 10w3v3 and it is very accurate and will literally make your teeth hurt. The box has 6 1/4" clearance and is a .80 cu.
Attached Thumbnails 8" subwoofer box to fit under rear passenger seat-image-1112669879.jpg   8" subwoofer box to fit under rear passenger seat-image-3122262836.jpg   8" subwoofer box to fit under rear passenger seat-image-1369067760.jpg  
Old 03-13-2012, 10:02 PM

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by sporttruckin
i have heard of some people going with this http://www.crutchfield.com/S-WeCuo8x...nce-B-8PT.html

but most say you need two of them to get the bass you want.
I wouldn't say you NEED two of these, but it certainly makes a difference. I set both exactly like I wanted them, then unplugged one and went for a ride. I could tell real quick that two were for me. It allows me to back the gains down a lot a get really clean bass from each, rather than pushing the hell out of one.

Just my opinion. Plus they fit on the back wall so you keep your floor.

Quick Reply: 8" subwoofer box to fit under rear passenger seat