Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

4 12s behind the seat of a single cab

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 12s behind the seat of a single cab

I have a 1992 ford f-150 single cab and I was wondering if I can fit 4 12s behind the seat of the truck
Old 01-01-2011, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even if you ran shallow mount subs I doubt you could get enough airspace in a box back there for 4 of them. Maybe 3 but even that would probably not sound great due to lack of airspace. 2 good tens or twelves with the proper amount of airspace will sound better and hit harder than 4 twelves with only half the airspace they need.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a box that fits 4 shallow mount subs. I have the kicker cvts. The box was made for single cab trucks. I am using it in my 2010 crew cab. I calculate that each sub has about .63 cubic ft. That is less than the minimum required. I think there are some memphis shallow mount subs that would fit better.

I am going to build a box that will fit on the floor between the front seats and the area that hides the jack about 6.5" tall, 30" from front to back and 48" long.

Even with only .63 cubic ft each, the subs sound really good but the voice coils are starting to make a rasping sound. I am going to buy two new ones and have the store that I buy them from help me warranty the two that are going bad. That way I can have 4 new subs and two good used subs as backup.

Edit

Following link is my youtube video showing my system, my usb2 mod and my reflectors to turn signals mod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=i_6Ic-LZ7dU

Last edited by Markanth0ny; 02-15-2011 at 07:44 PM.

Quick Reply: 4 12s behind the seat of a single cab