Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2015 Non Sony - Do I need to use Signal Summing???

Old 09-30-2015, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Non Sony - Do I need to use Signal Summing???

I have the non-sony MFT system in my 2015 XLT and have installed an amp, front speakers, and subs, but everything sounds "muddy". My question is: Do I need signal summing for the front mids/tweeter signal, or do the front doors have a full signal? Currently I've only ran the front door speaker wire to my amp for the input.

I've looked all over and have found a lot of info for upgrading the Sony system, but not much for the non-sony. I've also read that previous years were wired with the front door speakers ran in series with the a-pillar tweeter. Any info will help!
Old 09-30-2015, 05:45 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by teglude97
I have the non-sony MFT system in my 2015 XLT and have installed an amp, front speakers, and subs, but everything sounds "muddy". My question is: Do I need signal summing for the front mids/tweeter signal, or do the front doors have a full signal? Currently I've only ran the front door speaker wire to my amp for the input.

I've looked all over and have found a lot of info for upgrading the Sony system, but not much for the non-sony. I've also read that previous years were wired with the front door speakers ran in series with the a-pillar tweeter. Any info will help!
Should be full signal to the doors with the tweeter connected to the door speaker. The tweeter has a CAP inline to keep the low signals out
Old 10-04-2015, 09:28 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Assuming you have a EcoBoost & Lariat or above; it may be the Fake V-8 noise ford has programmed into the speaker/sound system !!
The Front speakers are where this signal is delivered !!

Luckily for you , a possible solution has been discovered;

F150 OnLine Favorite Posts;

1. jm061 Has a Fake Noise Solution, which I really appreciate. This is for Non-SONY stereo’s
I was just playing around in IDS....the dealer can shut the "engine noise enhancement" off with IDS.

https://www.f150forum.com/attachment...50-ene-ids.png
Hope this Helps everyone !!
Old 10-04-2015, 11:45 AM

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

I have the non-sony MFT system in my 2015 XLT and have installed an amp, front speakers, and subs, but everything sounds "muddy".
Originally Posted by '15 Lariat
Assuming you have a EcoBoost & Lariat or above; it may be the Fake V-8 noise ford has programmed into the speaker/sound system !!
Dude, he has a non-sony 2015 XLT, you even quoted where he says that in his first sentence. His problem is not the fake engine noise, I recommend you try reading what people are asking AND THEN try offering advise next time...
Old 10-04-2015, 12:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

for the XLT, non-sony, there is no summing needed. The front tweeter and full range speakers see the same signal.

sorry for the poor quality of the pic, but it should show you what you need.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the help! I think I've narrowed the problem down to just Sirius. I've played music over Bluetooth and usb and everything sounds great. I think the audio quality from Sirius is just awful.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Non Sony - Do I need to use Signal Summing???