Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2015 F150 speaker and amp upgrade but park assist failure

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 F150 speaker and amp upgrade but park assist failure

Hi all,

I have a 2015 Ford F-150 XLT SCREW with sports package. Love the truck, hate the factory radio so I finally got around to replacing it. Here is what I got:

-Hybrid Audio Speakers, Unity for the front, Imagine's for the rear
-Alpine PDR-V75

I still need to find a sub and box to put behind the rear seats but I've ran into a distracting problem.

I didn't install this; I took it down to a shop to get it done. When i picked it up I realized the parking assist (reverse sensors) alerts (beeps) were no longer coming through the speakers, instead you only hear a subtle chime now and you can no longer adjust the chime volume. Before, this chime was being amplified into the speakers and you could adjust how loud this was via the volume **** while it was beeping. I talked to my installer and he took a look to see if there was something he missed. Despite spending 3 hours looking at everything he did, he could not identify what happened. My navigation prompts, Bluetooth calls, text alerts and everything else works perfectly.

Bottom line, the parking assist alerts still go off but not through the speakers and it won't be the end of the world if I can't find a resolution BUT I feel like this must have happened to other people as my set up was fairly standard. One thing to note, my installer does not appeared to have used a "special" harness as some other folks have used....would not have caused this? Any other ideas? My installer is promised to find a solution - he said he needed a couple of days to research and call his suppliers to see what others have done - but I figured I'd look into it too.

Suggestions?
Old 05-17-2016, 09:22 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Fordm23
Hi all,

I have a 2015 Ford F-150 XLT SCREW with sports package. Love the truck, hate the factory radio so I finally got around to replacing it. Here is what I got:

-Hybrid Audio Speakers, Unity for the front, Imagine's for the rear
-Alpine PDR-V75

I still need to find a sub and box to put behind the rear seats but I've ran into a distracting problem.

I didn't install this; I took it down to a shop to get it done. When i picked it up I realized the parking assist (reverse sensors) alerts (beeps) were no longer coming through the speakers, instead you only hear a subtle chime now and you can no longer adjust the chime volume. Before, this chime was being amplified into the speakers and you could adjust how loud this was via the volume **** while it was beeping. I talked to my installer and he took a look to see if there was something he missed. Despite spending 3 hours looking at everything he did, he could not identify what happened. My navigation prompts, Bluetooth calls, text alerts and everything else works perfectly.

Bottom line, the parking assist alerts still go off but not through the speakers and it won't be the end of the world if I can't find a resolution BUT I feel like this must have happened to other people as my set up was fairly standard. One thing to note, my installer does not appeared to have used a "special" harness as some other folks have used....would not have caused this? Any other ideas? My installer is promised to find a solution - he said he needed a couple of days to research and call his suppliers to see what others have done - but I figured I'd look into it too.

Suggestions?
Tell your installer to disconnect the wire from the amp going to your front speakers and hook up another speaker. If you get the alert then it is the speakers. If you don't then eliminate the amp. It is hard to really figure out the problem because you don't know how he tapped in for a signal to the amp. Does the music sound ok?
Old 05-17-2016, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
Tell your installer to disconnect the wire from the amp going to your front speakers and hook up another speaker. If you get the alert then it is the speakers. If you don't then eliminate the amp. It is hard to really figure out the problem because you don't know how he tapped in for a signal to the amp. Does the music sound ok?
Yeah the speakers sound AMAZING. I don't think there is anything wrong with them. Since he didn't use a harness (i.e. Parrot) I wonder if a signal is not being produced now. The strange thing is that EVERY thing else works great (Bluetooth, navigation etc). This is becoming a real head scratcher.

Any other suggestions?
Old 05-18-2016, 03:34 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Is your center speaker disconnected?
Old 05-18-2016, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Kraken
Is your center speaker disconnected?
Yes - does the beep/chime come through that speaker only? It seemed to come through all other speakers as well which is why I didn't bother having him hook that one up.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:16 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Fordm23
Yes - does the beep/chime come through that speaker only? It seemed to come through all other speakers as well which is why I didn't bother having him hook that one up.
It comes from the center speaker.
The following users liked this post:
Wyo11Scab (05-18-2016)
Old 05-18-2016, 08:26 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Kraken
It comes from the center speaker.
And there u have it. Thanks Kraken. I never even thought of the center speaker since the 14s don't have one!

Quick Reply: 2015 F150 speaker and amp upgrade but park assist failure