Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2015 4.3 Radio Freezes

Old 08-21-2016, 10:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2015 4.3 Radio Freezes

I have a 15 f150 with the 4.3 ford sync. Ever since I bought the truck (Dec 15) the radio will just restart on its own. It is very random. Some days it will do it 5 times and it can go 2 days not doing it at all. When the bluetooth is on and I am on a phone call or listening to music from my phone, it restarts and freezes and I have to shut the truck off, open the door, and restart the truck in order to fix it. It wont let me power off the radio or anything, no button works. Yes I've done a master reset multiple times and have had ford change to multiple versions of SYNC. Nothing works.

I took it to Ford 3 months ago and they plugged it in and said nothing was wrong with it and of course it didn't do it when they took it for a drive. A month later I was driving by Ford and it did it, it froze and I drove it up there frozen. They messed with it for an hour and finally came back and said they ordered some bluetooth piece for it although it does not just do it when bluetooth is on, it does it no matter what mode your in.

It has been a month since I supposedly had the piece installed, it still does it. It did it the day after. I do not know what to do at this point. Has anyone else had this problem? I am tired of waiting on someone to come out with a dash kit for my truck.
Old 08-21-2016, 02:28 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by fabrownii718
I have a 15 f150 with the 4.3 ford sync. Ever since I bought the truck (Dec 15) the radio will just restart on its own. It is very random. Some days it will do it 5 times and it can go 2 days not doing it at all. When the bluetooth is on and I am on a phone call or listening to music from my phone, it restarts and freezes and I have to shut the truck off, open the door, and restart the truck in order to fix it. It wont let me power off the radio or anything, no button works. Yes I've done a master reset multiple times and have had ford change to multiple versions of SYNC. Nothing works.

I took it to Ford 3 months ago and they plugged it in and said nothing was wrong with it and of course it didn't do it when they took it for a drive. A month later I was driving by Ford and it did it, it froze and I drove it up there frozen. They messed with it for an hour and finally came back and said they ordered some bluetooth piece for it although it does not just do it when bluetooth is on, it does it no matter what mode your in.

It has been a month since I supposedly had the piece installed, it still does it. It did it the day after. I do not know what to do at this point. Has anyone else had this problem? I am tired of waiting on someone to come out with a dash kit for my truck.
Back to the dealer and have them replace the radio....
Old 08-21-2016, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
Back to the dealer and have them replace the radio....
LOL its not that easy. I've asked them to do that everytime I've gone up there. Their answer..."It's not showing us any errors when we plug it in"

I'm going to have to go drive around again until it freezes and drive it up to the dealership again...very frustrating
Old 08-21-2016, 08:23 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by fabrownii718
LOL its not that easy. I've asked them to do that everytime I've gone up there. Their answer..."It's not showing us any errors when we plug it in"

I'm going to have to go drive around again until it freezes and drive it up to the dealership again...very frustrating
Do you have a different dealer? Mine would have switched out out
Old 08-21-2016, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
Do you have a different dealer? Mine would have switched out out
I have 2 to choose from. I might try the other next time it's just a little further away.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:55 AM

I was hoping there was someone on here that works for Ford or someone that had the same problem happening.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 4.3 Radio Freezes