Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2014 Screw XLT EcoBoost Audio Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 01:46 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 2014 Screw XLT EcoBoost Audio Upgrade

So i have been scowering through the threads and to the best of my ability i have not found anyone who has done and install the way that i want to do it on a 2014.
The plan for now is to retain the factory head unit as well as i would like to try and build a T-harness using a revers OEM factory stereo connector and a metra or axxis harness so that i will not have to cut into the factory harness.
Equipment:
Alpine 4Ch amp
Alpine SPR60c in the front
Alpine TypeR 6x8 in the rear
Audio Control LC7i
Rokford Fosgate two amp install kit

I have not isntalled a system in years so i have concerns in regards to making sure i have a proper remote input into both the LOC device as well as the amplifier so that i do not get any white noise as well as the system will turnoff when it is suppose to and turn on when it is suppose too. I plan on grounding the amp to to a seat mount bolt location and grounding the LOC device to the amp depending upon the location of LOC device which may either go under the dash which at that point will need a seperate Ground, remote, and power source and or in the back not far from the amp.

I may be missinng some other question that i may have and there may even be another thread for this year truck install. So feel free to inform and or direct me so that i can get this done the way i know it can be done.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:43 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by jdtibbett
So i have been scowering through the threads and to the best of my ability i have not found anyone who has done and install the way that i want to do it on a 2014.
The plan for now is to retain the factory head unit as well as i would like to try and build a T-harness using a revers OEM factory stereo connector and a metra or axxis harness so that i will not have to cut into the factory harness.
Equipment:
Alpine 4Ch amp
Alpine SPR60c in the front
Alpine TypeR 6x8 in the rear
Audio Control LC7i
Rokford Fosgate two amp install kit

I have not isntalled a system in years so i have concerns in regards to making sure i have a proper remote input into both the LOC device as well as the amplifier so that i do not get any white noise as well as the system will turnoff when it is suppose to and turn on when it is suppose too. I plan on grounding the amp to to a seat mount bolt location and grounding the LOC device to the amp depending upon the location of LOC device which may either go under the dash which at that point will need a seperate Ground, remote, and power source and or in the back not far from the amp.

I may be missinng some other question that i may have and there may even be another thread for this year truck install. So feel free to inform and or direct me so that i can get this done the way i know it can be done.
You can get a Parrot interface instead of building one. Just search for that and where to get your amp turn signal
The following users liked this post:
jdtibbett (03-06-2015)
Old 03-06-2015, 11:40 AM

Any suggestions on which harness to go with from Parrot. I loooked it up however they have multiple options. I dont have Nav, just the 4.2" screen with sync and back up camera.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:34 PM

Any suggestions on which harness to go with from Parrot. I loooked it up however they have multiple options. I dont have Nav, just the 4.2" screen with sync and back up camera.
I can't remember which one. Do a search and you should find it
Old 03-06-2015, 03:30 PM

This is the harness i found.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

https://www.f150forum.com/f30/2013-a...arness-263834/
jdtibbett (03-06-2015)
Old 03-06-2015, 05:13 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

its in there somewhere, I believe mine came from a focus.
jdtibbett (03-06-2015)
Old 03-09-2015, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by roushxlt
its in there somewhere, I believe mine came from a focus.
Going to start out with the parrot harness and see how that goes first. The 2014 I have has tweeters in the pillar, which I read has a factory crossover built in. What are your thoughts? I was thinking of running all new 12awg wire to the door speakers so that if I do upgrade the amp in the future I will have saved myself some time. Or save myself the hassle and use the factory speaker wire? The current amp is only pushing 40 rms to each ch at 4 ohms.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:28 PM

Going to start out with the parrot harness and see how that goes first. The 2014 I have has tweeters in the pillar, which I read has a factory crossover built in. What are your thoughts? I was thinking of running all new 12awg wire to the door speakers so that if I do upgrade the amp in the future I will have saved myself some time. Or save myself the hassle and use the factory speaker wire? The current amp is only pushing 40 rms to each ch at 4 ohms.
The factory tweeter has an inline CAP for a crossover and is wired directly to the door speaker
Old 03-10-2015, 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab

The factory tweeter has an inline CAP for a crossover and is wired directly to the door speaker
Next question would be what is the inline cap. Is it a section that is capped off that could be used and if so would you recommend using the factory wires since I'm not pushing that much Mrs through them?

Quick Reply: 2014 Screw XLT EcoBoost Audio Upgrade