Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2014 Kicker audio upgrade-- question on tweeters

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 06:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2014 Kicker audio upgrade-- question on tweeters

Hi Team,

I just purchased the kicker full audio upgrade for my '14, and I'm wondering about how to handle the tweeters. The kit comes with new coaxial speakers, and I've read conflicting threads on whether or not you should (or can) use the a-pillar tweeters with the kit.

Obviously, I want to keep tweeters in the a-pillars if at all possible, but I'm not sure if I should get a hold of a decent set of 6.5" components for up front, or just upgrade the tweeters.

Is there a set of 6.5" components that would run well off of the 200w DSP amp that comes with the kit? Would that sound better than if I just upgraded the factory tweeters and used the speakers that come with the kit?

I'm no audiophile here, but want to get the best bang for my buck, and get it all done while I have the truck taken apart.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:18 PM
Dazed and Confused

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts

Since you bought the kickers, install them and see how it sounds.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:57 PM
Mass Effect

Received 84 Likes on 66 Posts

There are lots of different components that you could get that would more than likely sound better than a pair of coaxials. The tweeter's frequencies are very directional and having them firing into your kneecap isn't the best way to run them. Of course that will make the install a little more complicated but it's not too hard. It's fairly easy to run wires to the A pillars and drop them down behind the dash.