Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2013 XTR Non Nav Speaker Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 11:06 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 2013 XTR Non Nav Speaker Upgrade

I have the Non Nav 4.2 LCD Sync screen system in my truck. Boxing day is quickly approaching and I would like some feedback on speaker replacement
I currently have a Alpine PDX-4.100 amp installed running the door speakers and dual Kicker CompD subs (looks like 10") under the rear seat. (all installed by a reputable stereo shop as the speaker upgrades will be).
I am thinking of adding Alpine SPR-60c's (components) to the front and Alpine SPR-68's 2-way to the rear.
My main question is if there are any obvious problems with this set-up? Will the amp I have be sufficient to power all the items? I may look at switching out the stock deck at some point in the future so I don't really know if that should be considered at this time.
I don't have any particular brand loyalty to Alpine and definitely not looking to shake peoples houses as I drive by. I'm just trying to reclaim the great sound I had in my last vehicle. So comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Old 12-23-2013, 02:33 PM

Thought of another question I meant to ask in my first post. Is is desirable or necessary to match speaker brands (or even brand construction) front and back? I understand timbre matching in home theatre speakers but is it a factor at all in car audio? Boxing day is quickly approaching...
Old 12-23-2013, 04:57 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by vmpv
Thought of another question I meant to ask in my first post. Is is desirable or necessary to match speaker brands (or even brand construction) front and back? I understand timbre matching in home theatre speakers but is it a factor at all in car audio? Boxing day is quickly approaching...
Replace the door speakers with the Alpines and you will be good to go
The following users liked this post:
vmpv (12-23-2013)
Old 12-27-2013, 06:30 PM

Boxing day has come and gone and Alpine SPR-60c's for the front and SPR-60 2-ways for the rear are on the way.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vmpv
Boxing day has come and gone and Alpine SPR-60c's for the front and SPR-60 2-ways for the rear are on the way.
pics?
Old 12-28-2013, 01:45 PM

Sorry but they are still in shipment and I'll be having my favorite Audio shop (shout out to Number 1 Sound) do the install so I doubt pics of the finished product will be any good
Old 01-03-2014, 09:46 AM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you ever get these installed? I have a 2013 Screw XLT but I've been told the 6.5"s won't fit.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:20 AM

Haven't even received them yet Probably stuck at the border as I'm in Canada and I ordered them from the States. According to Crutchfield they should fit though. We'll see what my installer says...
Old 01-03-2014, 02:39 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

They'll fit, you just need to use Adapter Plates! Some people buy them, some make they're own!
Old 01-14-2014, 07:50 PM

Well the speakers are installed and what a difference. The first thing I noticed is really better "highs" and the music is now a lot more to the front if that makes any sense. It will take a few days to get used to them and adjust the sound properties to my liking but I'd say the truck sounds just as good as my last vehicle's system and I'm finally very satisfied. I had them installed by the dealer as I was getting a security/remote start system installed at the same time and he said he had to make brackets (for the rears I suspect as what came out was oval and what went in was round) but he said it was no big deal. So in my case, well worth the money I spent.

Quick Reply: 2013 XTR Non Nav Speaker Upgrade