Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2013 PAC alternatives?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 10:37 AM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Question 2013 PAC alternatives?

I installed a mono amp and sub in my truck a while back. I used a cheap LOC and spliced into my passenger/rear speaker wire. I am not happy with the sound because I have limited control over the bass.
I have to use a combo of adjusting the HU "bass" and the amp control **** to adjust the bass level. I would like to have a little bass coming from my door speakers so that when I have kids in the truck and I **** the bass down, it doesn't sound flat.
I was thinking that I could remove the LOC and put in the PAC AOEM-FRD24. I emailed PAC to see if it was compatible and they said no and they do not offer a vehicle specific kit for my truck.
Is there an alternative? I want to be able to adjust my HU "sound" settings to normal and to not have those setting translated to my sub.

I know there are great ways to do this but I'm on a budget.
I have a 2013 F-150 FX2 w/ 4.2" screen w/out sony
Old 02-16-2016, 04:49 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by mpossjr
I installed a mono amp and sub in my truck a while back. I used a cheap LOC and spliced into my passenger/rear speaker wire. I am not happy with the sound because I have limited control over the bass.
I have to use a combo of adjusting the HU "bass" and the amp control **** to adjust the bass level. I would like to have a little bass coming from my door speakers so that when I have kids in the truck and I **** the bass down, it doesn't sound flat.
I was thinking that I could remove the LOC and put in the PAC AOEM-FRD24. I emailed PAC to see if it was compatible and they said no and they do not offer a vehicle specific kit for my truck.
Is there an alternative? I want to be able to adjust my HU "sound" settings to normal and to not have those setting translated to my sub.

I know there are great ways to do this but I'm on a budget.
I have a 2013 F-150 FX2 w/ 4.2" screen w/out sony
What do you have the level control set at on the sub amp?
Old 02-16-2016, 08:51 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Audio Control LC2i - high quality product, i have the bigger brother and have used it for 8-9 years

They make fantastic products and this model has a bass control **** (sold separately). This gives you a very clean signal with the adjustment that you desire.

It's about $68 on amazon and the control **** is about $17-25 but worth every penny!
Old 03-02-2016, 01:02 PM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I was looking for something a little more integrated than a LOC. I ended up replacing my cheap LOC with a better one. Then I adjusted the gain on the LOC, then on the amp. I adjusted the frequency response on the amp. Now I have a great sounding sub! Another reason it sounded like crap was the factory door speakers. I had great bass but the rest was lacking. I replaced the door speakers with Rockford Fosgate.
It's like I got a brand new system!
I would still like to add a PAC but for now the LOC is fine. Maybe I'll add a small amp to the doors next

Quick Reply: 2013 PAC alternatives?