Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2013 F-150 STX new speakers

Old 08-08-2015, 11:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2013 F-150 STX new speakers

Hi,
I just bought my truck a few weeks ago and finished replacing the front & rear speakers today. My driver front speaker started having a bad rattle just a few days after I bought the vehicle. I figured it was probably blown. It was so bad I couldn't even listen to it much longer. I decided instead of having the dealer replace the cheap OEM speaker with another cheap OEM speaker, I would just replace them myself and save the time of having to sit at the dealership.

I've spent a week or more reading through these forums and watching videos on YouTube to figure out how to remove the door panels and replace the speakers. I went to Crutchfield's website and chatted with one of the sales reps. I gave him the specs of my truck and he recommended the Infinity Reference 6832cf for all 4 speakers (front & back). The speakers actually came with master installation instructions that show how to remove the panels. Between Crutchfield's instructions and the YouTube videos I was able to fill in any gaps. One area I had trouble with was removing the plate behind the door handles in the front. I didn't have a great tool to hook around the back of that plate. I found that a paint can opener was good for being able to hook around the back of that plate and pop it out. It took a few times of working it but I was finally able to pop it out.

One other piece of advice I would give is around removing the door handle when you take the front panels off. The Crutchfield instructions advised to disconnect the door release cable but I watched a YouTube video where they just pulled the door handle through the door panel without having to disconnect the cable. I found that much easier and less time consuming. You can pop the door handle box off from the back of the panel. The installation went well and I'm not very experienced at doing anything like this to vehicles. I did buy some trim removal tools that allowed me to pry things up without any scratches to the panels or hardware. I'm very pleased with the sound of my new speakers. I wanted to thank all the others who have shared your experience and knowledge around this.
Old 08-09-2015, 02:21 AM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

Grab a set of trim panel tools, Impick up a full kit for 30.00. Was like 12 pieces, comes in so handy...
Old 11-11-2015, 09:19 PM

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm looking at the same speakers for my '14 regular cab STX. How are these speakers compared with OEM? My fronts are decent but the rear are awful! I don't want yo replace the factory head unit, just get a slightly better speaker. Thanks for the help. Did they bolt right in, or did you need a bracket to make them fit?

Last edited by andyems10; 11-11-2015 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi andyems10,
I definitely think these speakers are a lot better than the OEM ones. They're a lot clearer than the OEMs. They screwed right in to the same holes the OEM ones came out of. I didn't need an extra bracket or anything to make them fit. I hope this helps.
Old 11-13-2015, 10:24 PM

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks for the help. I'm not a huge audiophile, I just want sine thing better than OEM so these sound like just the thing I need. I appreciate the advice.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 F-150 STX new speakers