Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation > Stereo/Audio
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to F150 Forum!
Welcome to F150 Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default 2013 f-150 stx

Does anyone know if the stock radio ( head unit ) have RCA outputs. I want to install an 800 watt amp to a couple 10"subs. If they don't have RCA's what r my other options.
Thanks for any suggestions
Mopedmafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopedmafia View Post
Does anyone know if the stock radio ( head unit ) have RCA outputs. I want to install an 800 watt amp to a couple 10"subs. If they don't have RCA's what r my other options.
Thanks for any suggestions
No stock Ford radios have RCA's. You need to tap into the speaker wires or use a low level adapter to feed your amp. Also tap into the fuse box for a switched turn on lead.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #3

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I have a PAC AOEM-FRD24 plug and play adapter in my 2013 STX, no nav no Sony with sync. Works like a charm, all functions still work same as factory. I've got both sets of RCAs to my 4 channel amp running my door and back speakers (single cab) and the line out from that amp to the external crossover, then from the crossover to the sub amp.

If you intend to keep the stock head unit, the PAC is the best option, unless you want to get into cutting wires.
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred90gt View Post
I have a PAC AOEM-FRD24 plug and play adapter in my 2013 STX, no nav no Sony with sync. Works like a charm, all functions still work same as factory. I've got both sets of RCAs to my 4 channel amp running my door and back speakers (single cab) and the line out from that amp to the external crossover, then from the crossover to the sub amp.

If you intend to keep the stock head unit, the PAC is the best option, unless you want to get into cutting wires.
Ditto, kind of... have the same type device in my Mazdaspeed3, works like a champ!!
Oxford White 2013 F-150 STX SuperCab with 5.0: Airaid Jr. Hellwigs. Flowmaster Force II. SCT Tuner, MPT Tune. 5.0 & Coyote badges. Mustang Covers. 2" drop. FX Wheels and lights. DD3.0. Steelcraft Nerf's. Clarion NX702. Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3. Alpine PDX-V9 running Alpine SPR-60C in front & Alpine SPR-68 in back. Kicker CompVT 10" in MTX Thunderform.
SpeedViktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:22 PM   #5

I have installed many simple cd player with an amp and sub systems but never on a newer truck. So now my question is can someone tell me what a PAC is and how much $ and where I can get one. I want to keep the stock head unit doesn't have Sony,and doesnt have nav system either. Nothing too crazy I just want to throw a couple jl audio 10's. in with an amp.
Thanks
Mopedmafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:17 PM   #6
KAC Shooter
5 Year Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopedmafia View Post
I have installed many simple cd player with an amp and sub systems but never on a newer truck. So now my question is can someone tell me what a PAC is and how much $ and where I can get one. I want to keep the stock head unit doesn't have Sony,and doesnt have nav system either. Nothing too crazy I just want to throw a couple jl audio 10's. in with an amp.
Thanks

https://www.google.com/search?q=PAC+...hrome&ie=UTF-8
obusnizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:28 PM   #7

Quote:

I want to do the same thing and I've got the PAC, so where did you hook your amp output to your speakers?
mike d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:48 AM   #8

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
I want to do the same thing and I've got the PAC, so where did you hook your amp output to your speakers?
I ran new wires from the amp to the speakers and just zip tied the stock plugs out of the way to nearby objects.
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:41 AM   #9

Quote:
I ran new wires from the amp to the speakers and just zip tied the stock plugs out of the way to nearby objects.
Sounds good! Glad to here the PAC works on the 2013 basic audio system.
mike d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #10

I got a line out adpt for a similar setup, but cant find a wire diagram for the two plugs into the radio. which color did you use for the right and left +/-? also anyone know if there is a 12v into the radio that i can slice my remote wire into? thanks
Blacknd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:17 AM

Tags
2013, stereo