Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2012 XLT Pillar Tweeters

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 08:05 PM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 2012 XLT Pillar Tweeters

I got my truck in February and so far the 900 miles I got to put on it before I deployed were great but I felt the stock sound system had much to be desired. Ive spent alot of time on this website researching the best ways to add aftermarket amps to the stock head unit. I ordered a metra harness and LCQ-1 to square that away and have everything planned out except for one question.

I plan on running the speaker wires from the amp back into the metra harness because of the molex connectors. I have boston acoustic door speakers and polk tweeters. My question is: Is there a bass blocker/filter in the stock wiring that my amplified signal will be going through to seperate the mid from the highs and if there is, will that equiptment be able to handle the amplified signal?

I hope this makes sense and if anyone needs some clarification Ill do the best I can. I just dont want to ruin anything on accident.

Incase anyone is curious this is what I have for my set up so far:

Boston Acoustics 5 channel amp,
Boston Acoustics 5x7 2 way speakers
Polk dome tweeters
Kenwood 12in shallow mount sub
Audio Control LCQ-1
Kicker 9 conductor wire
Monster Cable RCA's x3
Metra BT-5520
Assorted wires and connectors for install.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:05 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

If I'm not mistaken they have bass blockers inline but doubtful they have their own speaker wire from the amp to them. I'm guessing that it's tied into the 5x7 in the door.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:52 AM
Truck Newb

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

Run new wiring to the doors. It's more work, but the quality of the sound will be much better.

The factory wiring is tiny and garbage
Old 05-24-2012, 04:08 PM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

My original plan was to run all new wire but the from what Ive read theyre a pain to route wires around/through. I havent actually looked at them myselves since Ive been over seas. I think I might try my original plan and leave running door wire for a 3 day weekend when Im feeling adventurous
Old 05-24-2012, 10:34 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

They have that stupid molex style connector in the doors making it "almost" impossible to run new wires. I'm not about to drill holes in that and have Ford void the warranty if something fails. I using speed wire as well. Not building a competition system and my ears won't hear the difference.

Quick Reply: 2012 XLT Pillar Tweeters