Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2011 super crew sub behind rear seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 super crew sub behind rear seat

i have a 2011 platinum supercrew i would like to free up all the space under the seats if possible
is it possible to have a slim box behind the rear seats and still be able to fold the seats that would hold an 8 or 10" sub?
Old 02-14-2013, 12:09 AM

Received 304 Likes on 178 Posts

Subscribed
Old 02-14-2013, 06:28 AM

Received 93 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexasgs400
i have a 2011 platinum supercrew i would like to free up all the space under the seats if possible
is it possible to have a slim box behind the rear seats and still be able to fold the seats that would hold an 8 or 10" sub?
I found the KICKER Hideaway and it fits behind the seat.
I haven't pulled the trigger on it but I did physically put the kicker back there to see if it would fit
Actually the Kicker and an amp looks like they would both fit behind the passenger side seat,leaving in back of the double sided seat open for other stuff

http://www.kicker.com/hideaway
Old 02-15-2013, 01:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have a 2013 supercrew. i installed my sub box today, and i couldnt even figure out how to get behind the seat. How the hell do you even get back there? But just in my opinion, theres plenty of room in our back seats even without the under the seat space. I bout a fox acoustics ported box with two kicker 10's and it'll shake my door. But if you dont want like ghetto bump, you just want clean highs and mids then you could probably just put a sealed box in that takes up about half of the under seat space and you'll have the rest left open.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:03 AM

Received 304 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by 2013FTX
i have a 2013 supercrew. i installed my sub box today, and i couldnt even figure out how to get behind the seat. How the hell do you even get back there? But just in my opinion, theres plenty of room in our back seats even without the under the seat space. I bout a fox acoustics ported box with two kicker 10's and it'll shake my door. But if you dont want like ghetto bump, you just want clean highs and mids then you could probably just put a sealed box in that takes up about half of the under seat space and you'll have the rest left open.

It is tricky at first, once you get it opened and see exactly how it works its pretty easy. I post pics later this week when my sound ordnance comes in. Ordered from crutchfield recommended by another member.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:49 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

It would have to be pretty small. Lol my amp barely fits back there
Old 02-17-2013, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I made my own box for about $15-20 including carpet to fit under my back seat. I have a shallow mount 12in Rockford Fosgate P1 in it. My amp is mounted to the back wall. There is a brace/bracket that comes out from the main wall behind that was great for mounting it.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FX2screw
It is tricky at first, once you get it opened and see exactly how it works its pretty easy. I post pics later this week when my sound ordnance comes in. Ordered from crutchfield recommended by another member.
I bought the Sound Ordinance from Crutch as well, love it fits great in my 06 Screw, and does the trick bass wise. Now I'm 42 so it works for me, but if your looking for Mind blowing bass, not it!

Quick Reply: 2011 super crew sub behind rear seat