Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2011 Speaker Installation

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Speaker Installation

Hi –

Does anyone know of a good auto stereo installer in the Denver area who can do a speaker swap on all four doors of my 2011 supercab?

I don’t have the time or expertise to remove my door panels. It would rather pay someone who knows how to do this type of thing without damaging anything.

Thanks.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:17 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

It is super easy and with speaker adapters you dont even have to cut any wires. There is a video here somewhere that shows step by step directions on how to remove and replace panels. I was leary myself but installed all 4 in my 10 in an hour.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a member on here by the name of macaboo. He has a YouTube channel with several vids showing you how to do exactly that. Super easy
Old 05-14-2011, 11:55 PM

only car audio shop i know out that way is Kustom Kar Audio in boulder... owners name is Clay. Good guy does some amazing installs
Old 05-15-2011, 10:07 AM
I am Batman

http://www.youtube.com/user/macaboo
Old 05-16-2011, 10:11 AM

I appreciate the encouragement but I have never done any kind of car audio installation work before and I'm very nervous about prying my doors off of my new F150 with a lever and getting them back in perfect state with no damage, looseness, or just not having that tight close fit and perfect window and door lock operation.

Maybe it’s easier than I think and I could try the right rear door of my supercab first as a test. I’ve seen that great video before and I don’t actually think it looks that easy.

However, I did manage to replace my jumpseat with a center console bought off ebay, so I do have some level of competence with auto mods.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:39 AM
First Tiger of G.R.O.S.S.

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by WinstonSmith
However, I did manage to replace my jumpseat with a center console bought off ebay, so I do have some level of competence with auto mods.
^^ this task is way harder than removing and reinstalling the door panels.

In older vehicles, there used to be a bunch of tabs behind the door panels that required special tools to remove... the hardest part on this is really the little plates that hide the screws... once those pop off (flat head screwdriver or a nail file), it is a handfull of small bolts and they are all simply removed.

The door panel hands from hooks that goes into slots on the door itself... you just lift it off once the bolts are removed. Putting it back on is just putting them into the slots and dropping it down. Cake and Pie.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:09 PM
I am Batman

Originally Posted by WinstonSmith
I appreciate the encouragement but I have never done any kind of car audio installation work before and I'm very nervous about prying my doors off of my new F150 with a lever and getting them back in perfect state with no damage, looseness, or just not having that tight close fit and perfect window and door lock operation.

Maybe it’s easier than I think and I could try the right rear door of my supercab first as a test. I’ve seen that great video before and I don’t actually think it looks that easy.

When it comes to difficulty in terms of Mods replacing the speakers rates as easy .. Go for it
Old 05-20-2011, 04:12 PM
Driver

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Speakers are a piece of cake man, do it to it!
Old 05-20-2011, 09:29 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Very simple job and you'll be happy you did it yourself. If you need to improvise a tool for the bolt cover on the door handles, the paint can openers that look like bottle openers from Lowes or HD work well. If you don't want to splice the wires, by the adapter harness. I think they are $12 a pair.

Quick Reply: 2011 Speaker Installation