Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2011 Sony system.....NEED MOAR POWERRR

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 01:40 AM
Beer Gut Extraordinaire

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,317 Posts

Default 2011 Sony system.....NEED MOAR POWERRR

So I am getting restless and want to do a light upgrade on my system. I like the balance and acoustics of the Sony, but the sub is underpowered and the whole system falls falt past 1/2 volume. That ain't workin for me. So what I'm looking to do is simply replace the factory Sony amp with a little Rockford Fosgate 380 or 400 to wake up the speakers if its possible, and also replace the speakers with some plug n play SR80's or Fosgates with stock harnesses. Then I want to do a 10" Punch with it's own amp to give it some extra kick that the Sony lacks, finally a cleansweep to tie in the sub. Any advice on doing this?
Old 06-29-2012, 03:40 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

You shouldn't need the cleansweep. Because you don't have nav, you only have two channels of RCA level signal going to the Sony DSP/Amp. The Sony amp splits the signal into Sub, mids, and highs. It amplifies the mids and highs seperately and sends them to the mids and tweets, it sends the sub signal at RCA level to the second amp located on the side of the stock box.

So, you've got an unmolested RCA stereo signal you can grab at the Sony DSP/Amp and feed to your 4 channel. You'll probably want to make sure you get an amp that will output a pass through signal for your sub amp (or you could do RCA y adapters).
Old 06-29-2012, 05:17 PM
Beer Gut Extraordinaire

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,317 Posts

Cool, I'll take a look. Thanks for the help!

Quick Reply: 2011 Sony system.....NEED MOAR POWERRR