Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2011 FX4 Radio Removal

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 04:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2011 FX4 Radio Removal

Hello all, I am sure this has been covered somewhere before but after searching for over an hour I can't find an exact answer to how to remove the radio on a FX4 with the center shift console. I have seen a thread that says you actually have to unscrew and move the whole center console back to get at a screw that is holding on the air duct trim piece. I have also seen some posts that says you don't have to move the center console piece and you can pull those air duct pieces off like the XLT videos I have seen. Can anyone that has done this provide some help and guidance before I tackle this project. Any pictures or videos would be awesome if they are available. If the center console has to be removed what are the steps in doing this so I don't take off more then what is need, LOL! Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 01-12-2015, 07:01 PM

Received 67 Likes on 63 Posts

It's not that complicated once you get going. This is from a Raptor removal, should be identical to any F150 with a center console. Only tricky part is slightly popping out left side of passanger air bag assembly to remove screw from passenger side trim piece (piece -w- air duct). Not that hard to do, take your time and you'll see.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:42 PM

Received 167 Likes on 117 Posts

The part I hate the most is screwing the 3 silver screws that hold the air bag back in.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Removal and Installation Complete

Hey guys, just wanted to update this post. I did the removal and installation of my new radio a couple days ago and the process was not bad at all. I found the two youtube videos below allot of help in the process.

Also , I did not mess with the air bag screws at all unlike the videos. Instead, what I did was cover the right air vent trim with painters tape to avoid scratches. Then I removed the lower screw that was hidden by the center console. Once that was done I was able to pry up enough on the side closest to the radio to get it out.

Quick Reply: 2011 FX4 Radio Removal