Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2010 Supercrew replaced door speakers, passenger rear speaker not working.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Supercrew replaced door speakers, passenger rear speaker not working.

I opted for a set of Polk DB571's with a Pioneer GMA6604 amp and all of the stuff to hook it up. After getting everything set up and working, the passenger rear speaker still isn't working. It wasn't working prior to the install - which I figured it had just been that shot.

We took everything back apart that we had done to make sure that we didn't do something or over look something. All speakers work besides it.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Old 10-11-2016, 09:09 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

Bad wire harness in door. Its a known issue. As the 09 to 14s let alot of water past the window trim seal.
The following users liked this post:
IggyBcool (10-11-2016)
Old 10-11-2016, 09:37 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by IggyBcool
I opted for a set of Polk DB571's with a Pioneer GMA6604 amp and all of the stuff to hook it up. After getting everything set up and working, the passenger rear speaker still isn't working. It wasn't working prior to the install - which I figured it had just been that shot.

We took everything back apart that we had done to make sure that we didn't do something or over look something. All speakers work besides it.

Any ideas or suggestions?
How did you hook up the amp? I assume you used a wiring harness or cut the factory speaker wires. It isn't very hard to run a new speaker wire from your amp to the door.
IggyBcool (10-11-2016)
Old 10-11-2016, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
How did you hook up the amp? I assume you used a wiring harness or cut the factory speaker wires. It isn't very hard to run a new speaker wire from your amp to the door.
Yes everything was professionally done.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Toddman34
Bad wire harness in door. Its a known issue. As the 09 to 14s let alot of water past the window trim seal.
Could you provide more information so we don't have to spend a ton more time tracing stuff down and can dive on in replacing the bad wire from the source. Even though I'm helping, I'm still paying a friend that does installs professionally for his time and we spent way too much time today back tracking ourselves.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:23 PM

Or if you're saying harness, is it a replaceable section of harness? Part number? Info? Sorry. Just really frustrated and hate feeling defeated.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:00 AM
One Clean Machine

Or if you're saying harness, is it a replaceable section of harness? Part number? Info? Sorry. Just really frustrated and hate feeling defeated.
Its replaceable. Sorry I dont know the part #! Many have had to have the dealer replace it, usually its the fronts. But as I mentioned, the outter window seals allow water to get by. Causing the harness to go bad.

I would figure, its the entire harness, from the door molex connector, to the speakers, and rear window controll

Wish I could be more help...
IggyBcool (10-12-2016)
Old 10-12-2016, 12:04 AM

Its replaceable. Sorry I dont know the part #! Many have had to have the dealer replace it, usually its the fronts. But as I mentioned, the outter window seals allow water to get by. Causing the harness to go bad.

I would figure, its the entire harness, from the door molex connector, to the speakers, and rear window controll

Wish I could be more help...
Thanks again!! I'll use this and contact the stealership tomorrow and see if they can get me a part number.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:32 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Thanks again!! I'll use this and contact the stealership tomorrow and see if they can get me a part number.
You may just string a new speaker wire from the amp or tap into it under the door sill
Old 10-12-2016, 07:38 PM
One Clean Machine

Or since you had a shop install your gear. Maybe see if they can figure out your issue?

Quick Reply: 2010 Supercrew replaced door speakers, passenger rear speaker not working.