Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2010 OEM navigation upgrade

Old 01-03-2015, 10:26 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Default 2010 OEM navigation upgrade

So I have a 2010 fx4 screw with dual zone climate control and the sony 6 disc non navigation radio. If I got a radio bezel with the hvac controls,screen,navigation cd player from a same year same model but with navigation from the factory would it all work? I know I'd have to order 2 cables from tascaparts, but would the hvac controls work correctly if i did the swap.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:16 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasM
So I have a 2010 fx4 screw with dual zone climate control and the sony 6 disc non navigation radio. If I got a radio bezel with the hvac controls,screen,navigation cd player from a same year same model but with navigation from the factory would it all work? I know I'd have to order 2 cables from tascaparts, but would the hvac controls work correctly if i did the swap.
Have you looked at the both of both radios? Are there the same numbers of connections? I would think that the one with NAV would have one extra for an antenna. Otherwise if they plug in it should work.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:55 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm going to use the extra bezel that matches my dot matrix interior and cut out the radio controls. Then install the alpine x0008u 8 inch receiver. I'll end up with a better navigation system anyway. Does anyone have the cutout size for the perfect fit alpine bezel by chance? It looks like once I'm done with the dremel it should be spot on or close to size. Thanks for the help anyway.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 OEM navigation upgrade