Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2010 f150 speaker size

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 03:35 PM
New F-150 Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2010 f150 speaker size

I'm guessing these have 6x8 like the 2009 models? I have the XLT with standard stereo/sync/sirius, not the navigation stereo. Just need to know the size of front and back speakers to do the upgrade.

I would like to upgrade the speakers in both doors, as listening at any volume above minimal, makes very bad distortion, i think the stock speakers are one of the lowest quality components in this truck...so, any recommendations? I am going to be reading some reviews, doing some searches on here, etc, to see what is good, and will be replacing these myself...

Thanks all.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:36 PM
Raptor Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, 6x8s
Old 11-17-2009, 11:43 PM
*ROLL TIDE*

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

compCoder- are you planning to upgrade the speakers with an amp with the factory HU? if so let me know how that goes because i have spoken with a few places and they wont put an amp with the stock HU.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:34 AM
New F-150 Owner

Yeah, i may try it at first, but the longterm plan is to go with a pioneer x910bt. But at first, im getting for door speakers and just wiring them up tot he factor deck direct, even if not louder, as long as they don't distort and sound like *** at 3/4 volume like the stock do, i will be happy. I am going with the JL audio c2-570x all around. Then going to try to wire a 50w.4 channel amp using

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-dMGtoaj...=detailed_info

but since i want the doors amped, and will be putting in a single 10 or 12 inch sub with my 250wx1 JL amp that i have now, its older, but worked amazingly well when i had my supra.

peace
Old 11-18-2009, 01:13 AM
November 2009 TOTM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by khusson1
yes, 6x8s

X2
Old 11-18-2009, 08:55 PM
Raptor Owner

Originally Posted by 09STX4X4
compCoder- are you planning to upgrade the speakers with an amp with the factory HU? if so let me know how that goes because i have spoken with a few places and they wont put an amp with the stock HU.
do you people not read the other threads in here?? Ive posted in here about the whole install I did on my '10 Raptor. any install shop that told you they cant or wont put an amp in is full of u know what! It can be done, you just need a signal summing device and digital sound processor. Read the other threads (system install) for your answers
Old 11-18-2009, 10:43 PM
*ROLL TIDE*

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Awsome thanks, I'm all over the threads but I guess I missed that one.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:43 PM
New F-150 Owner

Originally Posted by khusson1
do you people not read the other threads in here?? Ive posted in here about the whole install I did on my '10 Raptor. any install shop that told you they cant or wont put an amp in is full of u know what! It can be done, you just need a signal summing device and digital sound processor. Read the other threads (system install) for your answers
its a DISCUSSION BOARD, and we are having a discussion here, slow your roll, chill out, whatever other term for relax there is.

yes, i know it can be done, hence my post explaining it, no need to be rude with your 'you people' attitude.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:05 PM

Hey everyone, I have a question with the stock speakers. Are they 2 ohm or 4 ohm? Because I am looking at upgrading the crappy stock ones to some pioneer's! Write back please!
Old 01-27-2011, 02:14 PM

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by compCoder
I'm guessing these have 6x8 like the 2009 models? I have the XLT with standard stereo/sync/sirius, not the navigation stereo. Just need to know the size of front and back speakers to do the upgrade.

I would like to upgrade the speakers in both doors, as listening at any volume above minimal, makes very bad distortion, i think the stock speakers are one of the lowest quality components in this truck...so, any recommendations? I am going to be reading some reviews, doing some searches on here, etc, to see what is good, and will be replacing these myself...

Thanks all.
I just upgraded mine to 4 6x8" infinity speakers 100watt RMS and 2ohms.

But when you start to crank the volume up to around 3/4 of the way, i hear a slight bit of scratchy distortion from the head unit im assuming. So you may want to add an amp as well.

Also, when I posted the same question, everyone suggested that I get component speakers for the front and 6x8's for the back. I didnt want to drill any holes in the doors for tweeters, but everyone claims that components sound alot better.

Quick Reply: 2010 f150 speaker size