Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2010 audio overhaul

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 10:47 PM
bcaqball

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face 2010 audio overhaul

this forum was a great resource for me while in the planning and design stage of my audio upgrade, so i decided to join. thanks for all the good ideas and pictures. i dont have any pics of my install yet but i can take some and post them if anyone wants me to. i just finished today and i am very pleased with the results. in a nutshell my upgrade included: i utilized the factory hu. an mtx req 5 for signal conversion and to compensate for base roll off (awesome gadget but no longer available, i had mine from a previous install) a jensen 760 4ch. amp for the door speakers, lanzar 6x8 3 way + component tweeters in the front, kenwood 6x8 2 way in the rear. jensen 1050 bridged two channel amp for the 2 10" audiobahn dvc 4 ohm subwoofers in the custom built downfire sub box under the rear seat. i used a sound deadener on all 4 doors and spent over an hour tuning the system but the end result is exactly what i wanted. the sound is great. attention to deatil and a good basic knowlege of audio can help economy components rival the more expensive stuff. if anyone has any questions or wants to see pics just let me know
Old 09-18-2012, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pics would be great. I have most of my power/signal/speaker wires run and I am on the step of mounting everything to the back wall. I would like pics of your amps and sub box as those are my next steps. I have seen all the other pictures here of those steps, but the more there are the more ideas I can pull from. I like the glass on that mtx req5, bet it looks nice mounted in there.

Quick Reply: 2010 audio overhaul