Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2009 f150 lariat

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 02:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2009 f150 lariat

Not sure if im in the right spot or its been asked before so sorry but after some research i cant quite find out exactly what i want.

My sync system (first gen no nav) froze on the "sound designed by sony" message. it doesnt display time. the usb plug doesnt work (not even just to charge) radio doesnt work. voice controls. etc.

What im looking to do is replace the radio with a indash screen and possibly get black wood grain to replace the wood grain trim in my truck currently. (possibly one 'with navigaion' , for the screen ) crutchfield.com listed no screens they have fit a 2009 f150 with navigation. So is there some sort of trick with that or possibly some other kit i need to get or something along those lines? i dont want to order the screen with out the kit and vice versa before im sure...driving with out a radio is driving me INSANE

Also does anyone have any more information on the sync systems totally freezing ?
Old 06-09-2013, 09:32 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Did you try disconnecting the battery for a while to reset the system.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:55 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Windup
Did you try disconnecting the battery for a while to reset the system.
I second this ^^^ it should hopefully get you up and running again at least, I have had problems with sync in both my focus and f150, unplug the battery for a few seconds, and works like a charm after that!
Otherwise not sure, good luck!

Largen~
Old 06-12-2013, 11:39 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by RPone
Not sure if im in the right spot or its been asked before so sorry but after some research i cant quite find out exactly what i want.

My sync system (first gen no nav) froze on the "sound designed by sony" message. it doesnt display time. the usb plug doesnt work (not even just to charge) radio doesnt work. voice controls. etc.

What im looking to do is replace the radio with a indash screen and possibly get black wood grain to replace the wood grain trim in my truck currently. (possibly one 'with navigaion' , for the screen ) crutchfield.com listed no screens they have fit a 2009 f150 with navigation. So is there some sort of trick with that or possibly some other kit i need to get or something along those lines? i dont want to order the screen with out the kit and vice versa before im sure...driving with out a radio is driving me INSANE

Also does anyone have any more information on the sync systems totally freezing ?
Have you updated your sync software?

Quick Reply: 2009 f150 lariat