Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2009 Aftermarket Stereo Parts list

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 11:54 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2009 Aftermarket Stereo Parts list

Hi All,

Im sure it is on here but i cant seem to find if someone has put together a full aftermarket parts list of everything needed to keep as many OEM options when swapping to a new set up. I have a 2009 Platinum with sync, Sirius XM. I want to go to a new set up and would like to keep as many of the original options as possible. I saw that it would also need a new dash kit, any particular brand better then others?

Thanks for the help.....
Old 05-22-2015, 12:04 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by 2009Platinum
Hi All,

Im sure it is on here but i cant seem to find if someone has put together a full aftermarket parts list of everything needed to keep as many OEM options when swapping to a new set up. I have a 2009 Platinum with sync, Sirius XM. I want to go to a new set up and would like to keep as many of the original options as possible. I saw that it would also need a new dash kit, any particular brand better then others?

Thanks for the help.....

Do you have a Sony system in the truck?
Old 05-22-2015, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab

Do you have a Sony system in the truck?
Yes, sorry should have thrown that in there.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:53 PM

Yes, sorry should have thrown that in there.
It really depends how much work you want to do and how much money you want to spend.
The Sony has an amp under the console for all the speakers. Do you more power, clearer sound or what?
I would start out by replacing the factory speakers and the sub first. Then move to the next step if you aren't happy.
The next step would be new amps.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab

It really depends how much work you want to do and how much money you want to spend.
The Sony has an amp under the console for all the speakers. Do you more power, clearer sound or what?
I would start out by replacing the factory speakers and the sub first. Then move to the next step if you aren't happy.
The next step would be new amps.
I am mainly interested in starting with the head unit. Being a 2009, a lot of the options are out dated. When you go to sites like crutch field it doesn't list that anything compatible, I'm guessing this is because of the sync and the climate control options on the stock head unit. I came on here to see what others have done when they have swapped the head unit. A list of components would help me start the process. I'd like to keep the steering wheel controls, and as many other options as possible. In all my years I've went to crutch field to get what I needed......no help there this time.
Old 05-24-2015, 04:28 PM

I am mainly interested in starting with the head unit. Being a 2009, a lot of the options are out dated. When you go to sites like crutch field it doesn't list that anything compatible, I'm guessing this is because of the sync and the climate control options on the stock head unit. I came on here to see what others have done when they have swapped the head unit. A list of components would help me start the process. I'd like to keep the steering wheel controls, and as many other options as possible. In all my years I've went to crutch field to get what I needed......no help there this time.
The climate controls are the problem. You are starting with the wrong piece. Start with the door speakers and sub first

Quick Reply: 2009 Aftermarket Stereo Parts list