Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2008 SCrew steering wheel controls?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 06:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2008 SCrew steering wheel controls?

I am going to install an aftermarket HU (Pioneer) and want to maintain the factory steering wheel controls. There are several adapters out there but which one seems to work the best with this combo? What do you all recommend? Thanks
Old 02-04-2013, 07:00 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

idatalink maestro sw is the one i just used on my 06. its nice, because you can actually program the buttons on the steering wheel to do what you want and even add some extras because you can program it so that if you hold a button down it does another feature. like if i hold my volume down button in it mutes the radio.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:14 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by kitchenboy
idatalink maestro sw is the one i just used on my 06. its nice, because you can actually program the buttons on the steering wheel to do what you want and even add some extras because you can program it so that if you hold a button down it does another feature. like if i hold my volume down button in it mutes the radio.
Maestro is for Kenwood. Both PAC and Axcess make one that he needs. I like the Axcess because it programs its self
Old 02-05-2013, 08:14 AM

Mine is a JVC and even though JVC is owned by Kenwood, the wires arent the same. The Maestro will work with a bunch of different companies HU's, you just have to make sure your HU is listed in the list they have on there website of compatible units. There are a bunch.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:52 AM
F150 Forum

Received 147 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
Maestro is for Kenwood. Both PAC and Axcess make one that he needs. I like the Axcess because it programs its self
This is not true, we have two models. One is for univeral steering wheel controls and I am assuming that is what kitchenboy used.

See here. You can even test drive the programming. And it is the only one that you can set up on the internet and get 2 radio functions per steering wheel button.

Maestro SW:
Product info page: http://maestro.idatalink.com/product...product_id/101
Test drive page:
http://maestro.idatalink.com/weblink/demo/demo-sw

The Maestro RR can be used with a Kenwood (serial connection to retain Sync) or in analog mode with any radio to generate naviagtion outputs, maintain bus health and retain steering wheel contols.

Product page: http://maestro.idatalink.com/product...product_id/102

Both are available at Crutchfield or your local stereo shop. Just search your car, steering wheel and radio on our product page and you will see exacty what Maestro can do for you in your installation.

Enjoy!

Last edited by 12V Guy; 02-05-2013 at 08:58 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:18 AM

Didnt mean to start a fight Just wanted to know what people have the least issues with and best results. I just want to keep all the functions of the steering wheel and I dont have sync. Thanks for the replies.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:50 AM
F150 Forum

Received 147 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by executioner
Didnt mean to start a fight Just wanted to know what people have the least issues with and best results. I just want to keep all the functions of the steering wheel and I dont have sync. Thanks for the replies.

LOL!! No fighting here. Just wanted to make sure the correct info is provided to you so you can make the best choice for you. Wish you the best of luck in your install no matter which interface you use.

Cheers!
Old 02-05-2013, 11:54 AM

While I am asking questions, where is the best "switched Power" location to tap into?
Old 02-05-2013, 06:04 PM

there is switched power in the radio harness. And yes I do have the SW and it was easy to program and install and I like having the extra button features.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by kitchenboy
there is switched power in the radio harness
Could you be a little more specific? I want to wire my radar to it. thanks

Quick Reply: 2008 SCrew steering wheel controls?