Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2008 Add Sub to Factory Premium Head Unit/System

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 10:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2008 Add Sub to Factory Premium Head Unit/System

I been searching most the day so if I missed a thread and somebody can point me in the right direction that would be great. I'm not too experienced in car audio.

I have an '08 FX4 Supercab with the premium 6-disc head unit, no port for the factory sub in the back of the head unit or wiring harness in the dash for the sub, have the wiring under the rear seat for the factory sub. I've already swapped out the door speakers for Polk's.

I need to add a little more punch to the system. Would like to add a single sub under the rear seat, want to keep the factory head unit and need to know how/what I need to get this done. I definitely want it to look stock so I like the idea of using an enclosure made for this truck. I saw the MTX enclosure with sub and that seems reasonable but I would need to know what I need to hook it up. Any other good setups? I've always been a fan of JL. Any recommendations would be great. A parts list would help too. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I first started looking for stuff I was looking at a Kicker Base station 10 inch box with amp inside. Would fit nicely under the rear seat of my 11 screw. I dont' know how it will fit with your supercab.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Kicker+-...&skuId=1752057

Use speaker level input and tap into the rear speakers. Or get a FRD24 I think that works on anything from 03 and up according to pac's website.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm kind of thinking a powered sub might be the answer for me as well. I've read decent things about the Sound Ordnance 8" which would fit under the front passenger seat but I also saw Kicker makes an 8" powered sub that I might be able to fit under the rear seat, probably the 8" version of what you're looking at. I think I might give that a go.

Quick Reply: 2008 Add Sub to Factory Premium Head Unit/System