Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2007 fx2 Supercrew installing Ported Stealth box..questions on ad ons.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 fx2 Supercrew installing Ported Stealth box..questions on ad ons.

well i just picked up this box for the truck. I'm going to be replacing the head unit with the pioneer AFC f900bt. Or is there another head unit you recommend. they have this one also KENWOOD - all in one in dash system
Model: DNX7140 | SKU: DNX7140

www.brandsmart.com the reason I'm buying here is i have a hookup and i don't have to pay interest for 12 months. so that helps.

link to box http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_s...hp?fit_id=1512

Now what I'm trying to decide on is a amp. Is it ok to go with a kicker amp. they also have mtx and kenwood amps What wattage should i go with 500x1? Ive seen the jl audio amps but they do not sell them at brandsmart.com. thats where i plan on purchasing the head unit and the amp. also what speaker wires power wires do you recommend. Thanks ..

Adam
Old 05-20-2009, 08:43 AM

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

As of right now, this is the head unit I am going with. It cost more but you also get more features.

Take a look --> Pioneer AVIC Z3 - Navigation System w/DVD player, LCD monitor, Digital Player and Radio
Old 05-20-2009, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by The Boz
As of right now, this is the head unit I am going with. It cost more but you also get more features.

Take a look --> Pioneer AVIC Z3 - Navigation System w/DVD player, LCD monitor, Digital Player and Radio
Thats the one i wanted. I just cant see myself spending the money when i can get a deal on the f900bt at like $600... brand new with extended warrenty....
Old 05-20-2009, 10:30 AM

I guess my philosophy is to wait a little longer, save a little more, and get the one I want rather than settle for what I can get now. Sure the cost is double but if it is truly what you want, it is worth the wait.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by The Boz
I guess my philosophy is to wait a little longer, save a little more, and get the one I want rather than settle for what I can get now. Sure the cost is double but if it is truly what you want, it is worth the wait.
great words of advice, its not double the money when your take into consideration how many cheap ones you will go through, i have heard that pioneer is going out of business too, so you should be able to get a unit of theres for a good price...however if its navigation you want, kenwood is simply the best on the market right now
Old 05-20-2009, 03:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go with the Kenwood. It is a great unit and I couldn't be happier with my DNX7120.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by loganberry
i have heard that pioneer is going out of business too

From what I understand, Pioneer will no longer manufacture TV's and they are doing a joint venture with Sharp on their DVD players. I don't know what they plan to do with the rest of their electronic sales.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:00 PM

The only problem with kenwood nav units is that they use garmin GPS which just simply sucks. On the other hand pioneers nav system is great.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hmm funny you say they suck when the recieved the highest rating from many people on this years navigation accesibility/reliability/ and functionality
Old 05-20-2009, 09:08 PM

Well thats just my personal opinion Garmin seems to like to take you the longest way possible every time I am traveling it wants to get off of major highways and take detours though the middle of nowhere.

Quick Reply: 2007 fx2 Supercrew installing Ported Stealth box..questions on ad ons.