Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2007 Front Driver Side Speaker Intermittently Goes In and Out

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Front Driver Side Speaker Intermittently Goes In and Out

So I have a 2007 F150 XLT and this problem has been going on for about half a year now. I have an aftermarket stereo unit and aftermarket speakers installed in all four doors. My driver's side front speaker intermittently will work and then stop working. Also, sometimes whenever I shut my door I hear an electricy/staticy sound come from just that speaker.

I have switched the driver's side speaker with my passenger's side speaker to see if the speaker itself was the problem, but it was not. I have also installed a new speaker connector to the speaker (Crutchfield kind that easily snaps to the connector inside door), but that is not the problem either. I have read other somewhat similar circumstances, but could not find one specific enough for my case. I was wondering if it may possibly be a problem with the wiring in the door or what before I spend money on a new part(s)? Thanks.
Old 10-29-2015, 06:17 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

Might be the door wiring! Is there a TSB for it on the 04-08s as well? Otherwise maybe your HU...
Old 10-29-2015, 09:10 PM

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Do you have the molex connector in the door jamb?

My dad has had alot of issues, as a service manager, with window switches and speakers not working due to the molex connectors getting corroded.

Quick Reply: 2007 Front Driver Side Speaker Intermittently Goes In and Out