Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2001 F150 aftermarket speaker installation how-to

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 F150 aftermarket speaker installation how-to

Ordered some Polk Audio DXi570 from Crutchfield. Off-sale price is right around $100.

When I received them, I tore into the truck and did the install, here is a how-to that I hope can help you out!

Step one: Use a screwdriver or small prybar to remove the vertical trim piece, it is held on by two clips in the door; one in the top and one in the bottom. Once you have that piece off, Step two is to remove the screw that is uncovered. Be sure not to lose hardware.

Step three: Pry off the trim around the door handle beginning at the side towards the front of the vehicle, and the rear of the trim will slide out once the front is out. Step 4 is to remove the screw that is uncovered by that trim piece.

Step five: Unclip the connectors for the door lock and window toggle switch. The passenger's side has 2 connectors, the driver's side has 4.

Step six: Lift up on the door panel and over the door lock. Before it can be removed completely, make sure to detatch the bulb for the door-light. Step seven is to remove the 4 screws attaching the speaker to the door.

Step eight: Remove the speaker from the door, and disconnect the wires from the connector.

Step nine: apply dynamat or other sound-deadening materials as desired.

Step ten: If you ordered from Crutchfield (highly recommended due to great customer service) they have sent you adapters so there is no need to cut wires. Plug in your adapter.

Step eleven: Some slight modification was needed of one of the mounting holes, as very few speakers will be a true-direct fit. Step twelve is to mount your other screws.

Last edited by AspectMotorsports; 06-13-2013 at 06:58 PM.

Quick Reply: 2001 F150 aftermarket speaker installation how-to