Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2 ohm door speakers in 2010 Screw?

Old 09-06-2013, 04:16 PM
ab1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 ohm door speakers in 2010 Screw?

Hey guys, I have a 2010 Lariat Screw with no nav, just the regular hu with sync. This may have been addressed, but I can't find specifics via search.

I have two pairs of Infinity Kappa 682.9cf but notice they are 2 ohm. I'm not going to be installing an amp at the moment, just replacing the speakers. Will these 2 ohm speakers plug and play and improve the unimpressive factory sound or do I need 4 ohm speakers. Will they also be good if I decide to add an amp later?

Also, will I need a spacer for these to keep them away from the windows?

If the kappas won't work, feel free to provide suggestions for a no-amp, door speaker replacement only.

Thanks for any help you can offer!!

Edit: I did some more reading and found that although these are 2 ohm, when combined with the speaker wire it evens out to a 'true 4'....does this sound right? Probably been 20 years since I was up to speed on this stuff. Thanks

Last edited by ab1; 09-06-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:36 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by ab1
Hey guys, I have a 2010 Lariat Screw with no nav, just the regular hu with sync. This may have been addressed, but I can't find specifics via search.

I have two pairs of Infinity Kappa 682.9cf but notice they are 2 ohm. I'm not going to be installing an amp at the moment, just replacing the speakers. Will these 2 ohm speakers plug and play and improve the unimpressive factory sound or do I need 4 ohm speakers. Will they also be good if I decide to add an amp later?

If the kappas won't work, feel free to provide suggestions for a no-amp, door speaker replacement only.

Edit: I did some more reading and found that although these are 2 ohm, when combined with the speaker wire it evens out to a 'true 4'....does this sound right? Probably been 20 years since I was up to speed on this stuff. Thanks
They will be fine with that factory HU. Can't tell you about spacers though.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:28 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

Originally Posted by ab1

Same speakers and your research is right, when combined with speaker wire these are a true 4 ohm load.

I did not have to use a spacer on my 10 and they are a vast improvement over stock because they have a very good sensitivity rating and work great off low wattage.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2 ohm door speakers in 2010 Screw?