Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

14 Sony Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 12:05 PM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Default 14 Sony Upgrade

So i figured I'd make a thread sharing my build. I have a 2014 screw with the Sony nav system. First I wanted more bass. I did the polyfill mod and it was..eh. So i went to the best local stereo shop and have them building me a ported box for a single Phoenix Gold SX 10 dual 2ohm. I ordered a 4ga Stinger wiring kit and a LC2i for the signal. I already have a Fosgate P500x1bd amp to use. Then I came across a set of 4 MB Quart Reference 6x8's to throw in the doors for now for $80. I'm doing my own install and will take pics and notes along the way. For now, I'll wait for everything to arrive.
Old 03-08-2015, 12:13 PM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by eric70634
So i figured I'd make a thread sharing my build. I have a 2014 screw with the Sony nav system. First I wanted more bass. I did the polyfill mod and it was..eh. So i went to the best local stereo shop and have them building me a ported box for a single Phoenix Gold SX 10 dual 2ohm. I ordered a 4ga Stinger wiring kit and a LC2i for the signal. I already have a Fosgate P500x1bd amp to use. Then I came across a set of 4 MB Quart Reference 6x8's to throw in the doors for now for $80. I'm doing my own install and will take pics and notes along the way. For now, I'll wait for everything to arrive.
Some ideas here: http://www.f150online.com/forums/spe...highlight=sony

Can't say enough aboot Audiocontrol processing - the Sony stuff flat sucks.

MGD

Last edited by MGD; 03-08-2015 at 12:17 PM.
The following users liked this post:
eric70634 (03-08-2015)
Old 03-08-2015, 12:35 PM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by MGD

Some ideas here: http://www.f150online.com/forums/spe...highlight=sony

Can't say enough aboot Audiocontrol processing - the Sony stuff flat sucks.

MGD
Good info in there! Eventually i plan to upgrade to something like that.
MGD (03-08-2015)
Old 03-09-2015, 11:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think this thread is going to cost me a lot of money. I put some infinity speakers and a little powered sub in my '13 STX but with the stock HU almost no signal goes to the back speakers and there's about zero low bass and way too much mid-low with the little 8" powered sub. Looking for a way to keep the stock head unit but control the sound more. I'm about the farthest thing from knowledgeable about this stuff, but I have a good ear for sound and I hear all the issues with my current setup. Looking to learn and ask some questions, not hijack!
Old 03-09-2015, 03:33 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by customh
I think this thread is going to cost me a lot of money. I put some infinity speakers and a little powered sub in my '13 STX but with the stock HU almost no signal goes to the back speakers and there's about zero low bass and way too much mid-low with the little 8" powered sub. Looking for a way to keep the stock head unit but control the sound more. I'm about the farthest thing from knowledgeable about this stuff, but I have a good ear for sound and I hear all the issues with my current setup. Looking to learn and ask some questions, not hijack!
I don't know how you are getting the signal for you sub amp but the PAC FRD24 will work for you and give you outputs for your sub and a turn on wire for your amp. Plug in play for your 2011.
eric70634 (03-09-2015)

Quick Reply: 14 Sony Upgrade