Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

'13 Screw amp install questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '13 Screw amp install questions

Hey guys,
I have a few questions about my amp install. I ended up going with the RF install kit, RF Double Twist RCA cables and the PAC SN35 for my Polk PA880.
Problem #1. I have the power wire run into the cab through the big rubber nipple on the passenger side firewall, then I started figuring out the best way to get the wires under the seat. It was then that I realized that my amp won't fit under the passenger front seat like it did in my Titan with the little raised duct under there. I considered installing it behind the rear seat on the back wall, but there isn't enough clearance there either. Next I thought about mounting it on the raised part of the floor at the back wall, but when I lower the seat, it hits the amp. I'm pretty much out of ideas beyond just mounting it on the lower part of the floor under the rear seat. Any ideas?
Problem #2. I have the Sync (non-Sony/touch) HU. I am being told that I have to remove the two silver trim pieces on each side of the HU to get to it. I know that they have pins that pop out on the bottom, but the top has a lot of tension. It looks like I MIGHT have to remove the bezel around the gauge cluster to get the left side off. I'm not sure about the right side. Now that I have gotten started, I really want to get this thing done, but I don't want to break hundreds of dollars in parts forcing things and the Ford dealership that I bought the truck from isn't real helpful when it comes to advice.
Here is the HU that I have. Any suggestions or advice guys?

I am really anxious to get the install going again.

Thanks for any help.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as the first problem, either you'll have to get a smaller amp, deal with the seat not closing all the way into place, lift the seat, or just put it on the floor under the seat.

As for the second, this should help. https://www.f150forum.com/f98/2013-f...-gauge-184627/
Old 07-30-2013, 09:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

problem 1, shouldn't be a problem, that amp should fit back there without issue, here is a picture of my Massive NX4, which is a similar sized amp mounted behind the short section of the rear seat. Easiest way to get back there is to remove the seat, then screw the amp to the back wall with self tapping screws and cut the sound deadener material around it.....it's really a pretty easy location to get to. It also still allows full functionality of raising and lowering the seat. It's hard for me to get a better picture because of the car seat that's mounted there, but there's a good 4 inches between the amp and the seat back and your amp is the same depth as mine, just a little taller and a little wider. Next to the amp I have my Audison BitTen mounted, so there is room for it to go more towards the center of the truck if you need it to.

Quick Reply: '13 Screw amp install questions